Silver Insanity

Precious, Valuable Madness
Last visit was: Sun May 12, 2024 6:32 pm It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 6:32 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

[ 201 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 821 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:27 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

"nice, is there a way around it other than removing lead from all the boxes?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:43 am 
Lunatic

With an unreadable glance at Gregor, Aurora speaks up. "Stripping the boxes or going through them again won't be necessary." She points at the box in Stewart's hands. "It's in that box. The lich has hid itself in a container that would be rather more trouble that it would be worth to destroy but Stewart thinks he's come up with an idea to make that part of the problem moot so you can do do whatever suits your tastes with Tycho's pet."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:01 am 
Sane. VERY Sane.

"More specifically, the dracolich has used a piece of Asherite. Rare and quite potent. Based on how the phylactery is construc-" Stewart catches himself before he launches into a discussion of magical theory, and clears his throat.

"Ahem. Anyway, destroying the phylactery is difficult and wasteful. But we can definitely prevent him from using this phylactery again when he reforms, and likely trap in something else before he has that chance. The mirror presents itself as an excellent trap, and the quintessence I just used should give us plenty of time. Certainly worked as a way to buy time until I figured out what to do with him." He shrugs, slightly sheepishly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:16 am 
Missing Some Marbles

"Not sure what that last part meant. What can i do to help?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:16 am 
Lunatic

Thirwin looks over the box, "I think the issue is that the artifact would be impossible to destroy casually. My thought is that the mirror would be too weak to contain the dragon, but... We might be able to vacate the other phylactery and use it. Whatever lich is in there does not seem equipped to deal with the 'real world' so, putting him in the mirror might be best."

"The ritual isn't something to be done lightly. Although, I have an idea that might make it easier. I won't be able to do it until the sun sets though." He pauses a moment, "It comes back to the secret I mentioned and trust. This will likely take all of us actually working together."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:41 am 
Missing Some Marbles

"Why not do a ritual combining a miracle from me and you with a mordenkainen's from Stewart? Or a miracle from me, a wish from Stewart and mordenkainen's from you?"

"Shouldn't that be enough power? Or would the phylactery be a useful artifiact once the dracolich is removed?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:35 pm 
Sane. VERY Sane.

"Destruction of magics is not my forte, so I would be unable to provide a disjunction. The phylactery was apparently built around a pre-existing artifact, made from quite a rare substance that is very worthy of study. What Thirwin and myself are suggesting may be more complex, but definitely worthwhile. It will trap the lich, possibly for later destruction, and restore the artifact to its original purpose."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:41 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

"Fair enough. Just keep tabs on where the dracolich ends up. I do not want to accidentally release something that important to Tycho again when we are so close to being rid of it and what it has been doing to the world."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:44 pm 
Lunatic

Thirwin nods, "Well, I'm running low on magical power for the day. I will need time to recharge if we're going to destroy it. Also, destroying an artifact often has unforeseen consequences. Depending on what it is, provided we have some time to study it."

"We might have to set up a small camp in here."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:10 pm 
Sane. VERY Sane.

"Time for research is likely to be useful even with the shuffle." Stewart looks around and sighs. "Likely one of the creeper places I've set up camp."

[ 201 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 821 Next