Silver Insanity

Precious, Valuable Madness
Last visit was: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:45 am It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:45 am

All times are UTC-04:00

[ 201 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 721 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:54 pm 
Lunatic

Aurora perches on a spare crate next to Skirrik, helping to identify which boxes have magical traps and once opened which ones are pretty junk and which might be of interest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:18 am 
Missing Some Marbles

Gregor pockets the bone cube.
"Let me know when you are ready to try again."

Last edited by Gregor on Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:44 am 
Lunatic

Thirwin casts Detect Secret Doors and starts scanning the area. This is followed by Detect Undead if needed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:13 am 
Lunatic

The end result of Aurora and Skirrik's efforts is three piles of boxes. One is merely boxes, another contains various baubles, and the smallest contains the more interesting items. Some boxes are open, some are close; the smaller ones tend to be closed more often than the larger but it isn't consistent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:33 am 
Prismatic Pangolin

The second pile contains a few minor magic items amongst the piles of jewelry, gems, and so on - but nothing worth noting.

The third pile contains:
A strand of prayer beads.
A mid-sized glass sphere, about the size of a typical scrying crystal.
An oval mirror in a plain wooden frame, about a foot long by six inches wide.
A ring that looks suspiciously like a ring of three wishes with one charge left.
Two skulls.
An iron flask.
An obsidian steed.
A gold chainmail bikini.
And a fairly ordinary looking longsword.

Thirwin: There are no secret doors. Nor are there any undead beyond what you're already aware of.

Gregor: One of the skulls and the sword register as evil, though neither is exceptionally strong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:55 am 
Missing Some Marbles

gregor will cast mage hand, pull out 2 cloths andmove the skull into one and the sword into a bag.
"Those should be handled with care"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:09 pm 
Sane. VERY Sane.

"Give me a moment, if you would..." Stewart raises a hand to his glasses, mumbles an incantation, and then peers at the items floating towards Gregor. "Yes, those definitely require attention. Darkskull and a rather nasty Nine Lives Stealer that occasionally tries to attack the wielder."

He then turns his attention over the pile. "Several useful items here, and some particularly of note: That flask may contain some form of outsider. The ring of wishes actually contains a miracle of Tycho. The bikini provides an astounding amount of defense, but makes the wearer both stupid and female. Pretty though. Oh, and if you didn't know already, I rather suggest the clerics avoid using the obsidian steed."

He lists off the other items with little commentary:
  • Greater Strand of Prayer Beads
  • Orb of Storms
  • An empty Lesser Mirror of Life Trapping
  • Mask of the Skull
His analysis complete, he comments "Have all the boxes been searched? Some may still contain items of note." He then walks over to the second pile and picks up a pair of boxes to examine them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:02 pm 
Lunatic

Thirwin looks over the magic items for a moment, "I like the Orb or the Mask, and I know a place where we could get something useful for the cursed things, even the ring. Still, that can wait."

He starts scanning the inside of some of the boxes, "I was hoping the phylactery would have some kind of undead aura, especially for something that powerful."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:20 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

"I should've been able to sense or at least pin point an evil of that level as compared to the minor ones in front of us. It's resence is probably being carefully concealed if it is in this room. Hopefully stewart's inspection wil turn up something."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:24 pm 
Sane. VERY Sane.

Stewart peers inside the boxes, then gestures with one at Thirwin. "A relatively small amount of lead blocks most detection spells. For example, here's a small bit of a magical substance." He forms a small ball of silvery goo in his hand and then smears it inside the box, closing the lid. "And now you can't detect it."

[ 201 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 721 Next