Silver Insanity

Precious, Valuable Madness
Last visit was: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:24 pm It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:24 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

[ 201 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 521 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:00 pm 
Sane. VERY Sane.

One of Stewart's ear appears to be developing a small tic. "I understand the value of trust and discussions to help build a party. However, as it stands we're in the middle of a temple to an ancient god which has been defiled and holding the phylactery of a dracolich who both works with Tycho and tried to kill us."

He pauses for a moment and looks at the bone in Gregor's hand. "Having looked over the bone, I see that its traps have already been disarmed. In the interest of not repeating that fight, perhaps I should just disintegrate it now? And then we can get back to investigating and cleansing the temple? Any objections?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:15 pm 
Lunatic

Thirwin thinks, "I had a somewhat different idea in mind, one that involved using it for information and preventing the dragon from returning, but that would involve trust. We likely have about 18 hours before he returns. or at least until midnight. Either way, Stewart, can you tell this is in fact the right object and not a fake? Or should I see if I can figure that out?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:29 pm 
Sane. VERY Sane.

"I was going on the assumptions that there was unlikely to be two phylacteries in this temple and that, really, I can't think of a friendly dracolich in any case. But I suppose a few minutes of close examination would let me be sure."

He removes his glasses with one hand and smoothes the fur on his face with the other. "As far as trust goes... My problem with what you describe is that it sounds far too likely to result in a very angry dracolich instead of anything useful. That's not based on how I feel about your competence and plans, but more on the spells I know."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:18 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

"I agree with Stewart. This thing has been around longer than any one of us. It will find a way out and I would be surprised if is merely very dangerous to play the interrogation game with it. Stewart is this the one?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:47 pm 
Sane. VERY Sane.

"As I said, this will take several minutes." Stewart will begin examining the cube in detail, using his glasses to divine the answer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:29 pm 
Lunatic

Thirwin looks a little around the room, careful not to touch anything while Stewart does his checking, "The undead condition is an unusual one. One with many powers and immunities. They can be removed. The form can be altered, the magic sealed. It might not hold forever, but it would last long enough to get answers. I'd want at least a hundred years to properly question something that old."

He shakes his head, "The theory is fairly basic. Not unlike a polymorph spell."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:18 am 
Missing Some Marbles

Gregor will quickly slip his face into what he deems an unreadable mask.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:59 pm 
Sane. VERY Sane.

Stewart will look up from his examination of the bone and grumble, "It's fake. Well, it's a phylactery, but the lich in there is... turned around. Won't escape on it's own, but breaking it should have the normal effect. Perhaps Taingrethylmune's phylactery has been moved or embedded somewhere in the room."

He hands the bone back to Gregor and turns to Thirwin. "Certainly basic theory, although putting it into practice with a potent undead would require a great deal of skill. Especially one that would be able to being crafting a counter-spell to it... And doubly so for someone as unpredictable as a follower of Tycho. I wouldn't try it, but then again I wouldn't recommend that anyone other than myself attempt to reshape the Plane of Dreams into a stable form." He shrugs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:06 pm 
Lunatic

"well, it's definitely in the temple... And we've searched almost everywhere else." He thinks, "I suppose you're right. Such a punishment is excessive. Still it strikes me as better than giving Tycho a strong soul to do with as he pleases." He pauses, "Actually... why would this lich be held captive like that? You don't suppose he would know?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:09 am 
Sane. VERY Sane.

"To distract people coming after him? Perhaps this lich caught against him. I'm not sure."

[ 201 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 521 Next