Silver Insanity

Precious, Valuable Madness
Last visit was: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:24 am It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:24 am

All times are UTC-04:00

[ 201 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 521 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:06 pm 
Lunatic

"Yes, because clearly everything that isn't 'good' should be purged and obliterated without any considerations as to whether or not it's deliberately that way or necessary for some purpose. I've never particularly been a fan of the whole 'Kill them all and let the gods sort them out...'" Aurora gives Gregor a sardonic look. "And I believe the dracolich was described as being useful in aiding the fight against the paladins, though even that itself was paraphrased from what was actually in the letter."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:42 pm 
Lunatic

"Aurora, you may want to ask Gregor about his beliefs before throwing them in his face. Regardless, the white dragon did try to KILL us a short time ago. Based purely on that, I can sympathize with Gregor. Plus, he choose to stay even though his 'companions' left."

He pauses in his examination of the cube realizing how offensive what he's doing is. "Gregor, would you mind if I examined it a little closer? You can keep an eye on me if you want. I'm going to see if it has a tie to the temple, if it's blighting the area or powered by Tycho directly, and what backlash we can expect if we destroy it."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:31 pm 
Sane. VERY Sane.

Stewart's eyes unfocus slightly as he quotes: "We have given Taingrethylmune orders to aid you in battle against them, and to allow you unimpeded access to the ruins."

"So says Tycho anyway. I rather prefer our solution. And if this temple still retains its connection to the Sun Lion, I rather doubt the phylactery is the heart of the temple. Although destroying it likely still has some backlash, which should be guarded against. He was a rather powerful dragon and apparently had fairly strong ties to Tycho."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:52 pm 
Lunatic

Thirwin blinks, "Does the question 'Why would Tycho think you were on his side?' have an answer other then 'He's crazy.'?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:01 pm 
Sane. VERY Sane.

Stewart sighs. "You were there when we received the letter. You know as much as I do about Tycho's intentions. I appear to be caught in the middle of some kind of prophesy and probably war. As soon as I determine the sides and goals, I'll be much happier."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:52 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

"Aurora, I have sworn to protect everyone in this world from the Vile gods and their creations. I don't let the gods sort it out. I was trying to find a peaceful solution to the situation when we were all ambushed by an undead dragon bent on our death. Ergo IT DIES!!!!

Thirwin, thank you for your words. I have no intention to hand this over to anyone not interested in destroying it and I haven't seen you express a preference. You may examine it from there or come closer, but i am not handing it over just yet.

Last edited by Gregor on Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:24 pm 
Lunatic

Thirwin nods, "It appears we have much to talk about. And many of us have secrets that affect our reasons to be here." He looks over the group, "I know what I appear as. I know that trust is a difficult commodity."

He sighs, "Know that I seek to uncover the secrets of the first age. I wish to prevent the creation of a seventh titan. As a more immediate goal, I hope to either kill or untaint Leader-of-the-Pack, as such would help my understanding of the interaction of positive and negative energies. To that end, I took upon myself the quest to bring light to this temple from one of his original priests."

He takes a breath, "As for secrets, if you truly want to work together, I will go first in explaining mine."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:28 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

"I have few secrets. I will tell you this. The way my people are treated is a thorn in my side and I intend to give them a homeland away from the other races. However there are already 7 Titans so your assertion does not make sense. I am willing to work together to cleanse the temple. In fact, I would prefer it, but there are 7 titans. Unless you are talking about them releasing a demon what you are saying makes no sense."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:01 pm 
Lunatic

Thirwin rephrases, "Without going into too much detail, I seek to prevent the world from being consumed by negative energy and destroyed. The specifics would be a long lesson of religion, and best saved for when we have proper time to go into it."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:04 pm 
Lunatic

Aurora's eyes flit towards Thirwin for an almost imperceptible moment when he responds to Stewart's quoting of the mad god's letter, then return to Gregor. Her mouth twitches for a moment as if she's going to say something, then she stills and settles for watching the paladin. Her eyes are quietly mocking, but a faint almost bitter cast to the black-haired female's face seems to turn the expression as much inward as out.

Faint mocking shifts into wary curiosity as Thirwin changes the subject of the conversation.

[ 201 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 521 Next