Silver Insanity

Precious, Valuable Madness
Last visit was: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:09 am It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:09 am

All times are UTC-04:00

[ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 711 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 11:51 am 
Prismatic Pangolin

The trip to Stewarts tower is, all things considered, remarkably uneventful. Two different packs of thieves decide that bothering a pair of wizards* might prove hazardous to their health, and slink away into the shadows before anyone but Komitus even noticed they were there. The angry mob trying to get in to the chromatikin district is likewise subject to the survival instincts of its members, and as the two of you cross through the suddenly empty path before you, the guards slam down the portcullis behind you with evident relief.

Another minute or two of walking along the outside edge of the wall brings you to Stewart's "tower"; a squat, two story affair that looks like it was built it to withstand heavy bombardment, of both magical and mundane varieties.

________
* What's the difference between a wizard, a sorcerer, a warlock, and something else? Answer: none - they can all make you explode just as easily. In general, the differences between various types of arcane casters are only of interest to the arcane casters themselves. To everybody else, they're all wizards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:51 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

Luma seems in no danger of dying overnight - but also shows no signs of recovering on her own in that time span, either. And it will be at least that long before Kiaskurro can attempt another healing magic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:55 am 
Sane. VERY Sane.

Stewart sighs. "I don't think we'll get any more information from her today. Perhaps we can discuss what little we know? There was some interesting repercussions on the Plane of Dreams from whatever just happened. And I was hoping you were more familiar with the odd behavior of magics in the area, as I've never encountered the like."

He pulls a crystal pendant off his neck and places it on top of a bookcase. Mentally, he directs it Let me know if she awakens or appears to get any worse.

Finally, a small construct forms in the center of the room and scurries off to retrieve refreshments.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:49 pm 
Mostly Sane

"This is not a thing I have encountered before. I have theories, still, and perhaps one of them might yet prove to fit..."

Kiaskurro outlines his best guesses as to what might have happened, as listed here.

"In light of your comment on the plane of dreams, I think the second of those, a volatile extraplanar connection, might prove most reasonable - though where such a connection might have been going to I cannot say."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:52 pm 
Sane. VERY Sane.

"Hm. A planar portal does seem likely although from knowing Luma and her abilities it was probably to, not from, the material plane." He frowns. "It's probably some deity's plane, although I don't know which one." He'll describe the wrecked city and flash of teeth and eyes that he saw when investigating the other plane.

"If you don't have any ideas, I'll have to go do research on the matter. But that can wait until she awakens, I think."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:01 pm 
Mostly Sane

"Then I shall adjourn to my home for the time being, and see what my own research can uncover. Shall I return here at, say, noon tomorrow? If further healing is required, I should be able to provide it by then."

If this seems agreeable, Kiaskurro departs, stepping politely outside before teleporting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:27 pm 
Sane. VERY Sane.

Stewart will nod agreement to Kiaskurro, and retire to his rooms. A quick check of the planes to make sure nothing else is exploding and then he'll sit down the hall from Luma and puruse books until nightfall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:49 am 
Prismatic Pangolin

The extraplanar situation is calm. Whatever it was that was causing the original disruptions has, at the very least, ceased to cause disruptions. Perhaps it has become more attuned to its new location; perhaps it has simply moved elsewhere. Perhaps it imploded and can be checked off the list of things to worry about - but that seems unlikely.

Nightfall comes, and with it comes neither enlightenment, nor a change in the current situation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:48 pm 
Sane. VERY Sane.

At night, Stewart performs a quick check of the patient. Heartbeat, breathing, etc... Although he doesn't know exactly what it should be like, he hopes to be able to notice something horribly wrong. Also, he peers through his glasses to double-check for any lingering magical effects (or changes in aura).

Assuming that causes no emergencies, he'll go back to his books. Specifically, he has been looking for any information on what plane was involved in this... incident... and what may have caused Luma's changes.

A little while later, he'll look in on Luma, check with his crystal, ask it to wake him if anything happens, and head off to sleep until morning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:32 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

Half-way through an exceedingly dull book on planar anomolies (it must have taken real effort on the author's part to make such an interesting topic so boring), your crystal alerts you to a change in the situation.

Luma's eyes are open.
"I'm... alive?" she mumbles, blinking and looking at the ceiling.

[ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 711 Next