07.11e: A Marriage of Inconvenience

The goings on of courts
Draylen
Lunatic

Re: 07.11e: A Marriage of Inconvenience

Post by Draylen »

The bear toddles slightly as the spear goes through his back and chest, his eyes wide. He passes his sword to the other hand and swirls it around him, shattering the spear haft. "You... you... just..." he says, wheeling on Dal'ashi, the spear still protruding from his chest. He looks back at the zombies, frowning immensely, and gives a small whimper, fighting the urge to pull the spear out. "I don't have time for this," he groans.

He stomps after a couple of the roaches, but he knows he's not going to be able to get all of them, so he looks at Dal'ashi. "You... you... I don't believe you. Fix this, or you can go back to your patron in pieces," he says, snarling, gesturing at the zombie apocalypse with the free hand, his still-flaming sword pointing at Dal'ashi's chest.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Dal will blink at your... frustration, before unwrapping his actual spear. (The other one being smaller and stolen from a lizard-guy.) this is a dire-spear, a sick warped brass-like metal that's a hooked and barbed. It would not have been able to stab you without deep injury. "I suppose I could. The shard that was stolen could break this quickly."

He will casually shrug*. "You seem way to focused on such rabble. If you truly do not have what was stolen, then there is little point in continuing with this. I suppose then, if you wish to make an offer of something else..."

Post by Draylen »

"Look. I'm not from this stupid bloody shadow, I'm not part of your stupid political structure. And I have had a very bad day. My Master got kidnapped because some dumb bitch confused him with you. End the spell, before I carve your heart out with a dull wooden spoon," he growls, his fur bristling on every level. "If you wanted help, you could have just asked for it. But now, you will end it, I will collect Rogbar, and we will be on our way. Whether you remain in one piece as we pass through is entirely up to you." He does fish out his trump deck with the free hand, just in case.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"No, my dear beastman." He will say. "Rogbar is here because he was mistaken for you. The beastman with the power to shape worlds." He will shoulder his spear. "I believe you do not know what I am talking about. I am going to report back. I'd suggest not stopping me." He will then attempt to walk into the castle, and through shadow away from the battle*.

Post by Draylen »

"No, you end this spell first," the bear snarls, striding forward and slashing at Dal'ashi's legs. "End. The. Spell." He's just barely not roaring at Dal'ashi's back, but he's entirely willing to hack him to pieces if he doesn't end the spell. "You decided that you were going to stab my in the back instead of asking like a reasonable person. You decided that you were going to just walk away when I couldn't give you the answers you were looking for. You. Will. Make. Reparations."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

The battle rages on. Osmund has landed, and is dual-wielding a machine-gun like slug thrower and the holy-blaster. The striders are doing better, although signs of fatigue are starting to show. Most of the flyers are gone... but the zombie hoard is still regenerating and the group doesn't have a method to inflict permanent casualties... (Except Osmund... and he's almost ready to try it.)

The castle has several collapsing and explosion sounds from a pitched battle, and destroyed supports.

Dal's legs briefly manifest a red crystal around them, which shatters into extra distance when struck... (causing your sword to fall short of its mark.) "Perhaps you were not the one." He will observe. "Still, you deserve an answer." He will flex slightly, his aura growing cold as he seems to absorb all heat in the area*. His marking shift back to those of a white cat with snow-leopard circles. "Much was taken from my Master by the one known as Dworkin. A theft the likes of which you cannot comprehend." He will pause. "My nature of lies and truth conflict on this matter. So, I will leave you with a truth you already know. You do not need me to stop this."

There is a feeling of worse pulling toward you. "Now... I will be off. Either you let me go to meet my patron, or it will arrive here."

Post by Draylen »

"Well, Dworkin's a right ass, ask anyone and they'll tell you," the bear agrees, growling. "But you stabbed me in the back when you could have asked for assistance, and would leave my coworkers to die at the hands of something you can fix, and this I cannot forgive. Let your patron come; you will both answer to me." He snarls a little, and braces the sword to strike.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

He will pause, and tilt his head. "You really don't know?" He will pause. "If you wish to let them die for something you can stop, that is your choice. Summon your patron, touch the spell. It will shatter a lot faster than I can do it."

He will waive his hand. "It will also stop this." He says, telekinetically grasping the broken spear and tugging it.
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

There's a loud scream that rips from the bear's through as the spear starts to come out. The feeling of it squirming around his grazed entrails is hideous, and he drops his flaming sword. The fire goes out, and he grips the spear, bracing himself, before slowly pulling the remnant out, moist and bloody, soaked with fresh gore. He shivers, and gasps, and just barely avoids wretching as he clutches the slippery half-spear, glaring at Dal'ashi. "What. Patron?! The only patron I have is in there!"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Dal'ashi stars with astonishment, then rage. "No, it can't be you. It cannot be you!" He swipes his claws, sending razor-edged telekinetic lines of force at you. (They're invisible unless you have Amber Psyche, and while they'd cut you in half if you have Chaos Endurance, they just really really hurt if you soak them.) He presses an attack, walking forward if you back off, sick green light flowing from his body as the feeling of absolute cold gets closer*.