07.11d: Tests and Countermeasures

The goings on of courts
khadjair
Lunatic

Re: 07.11d: Tests and Countermeasures

Post by khadjair »

Cameron taps the Star, his hammer at his side. "I wore this when I walked Pattern, and it came out almost as changed as I am. I can work any material as though it were heated steel - glass, leather, flesh..." He eyes the dagger for a moment. "Given that, I agree, it would be a bad idea to wear that into Pattern. Keep it, though - I can think of many uses for it. Like...."

He pauses, frowning. "I don't know how we could test it, but... if it cuts enchantments and the like, could it sever the bond between the Hiver and a host?"

He then shakes his head for a second. "As for bringing danger to me? Well, as Alys says, it may be of a third, yet unnamed Greater Power, which would complicate things just a bit. But I would rather know, and have a manifestation near, than be ignorant and caught entirely unawares as to the possibility of a potent enemy... or ally."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Osmund will nod. "Of course. But, it would likely have to stab deep, hitting the psychic link, but missing the heart. It would be a difficult strike. And I'd need to have the Broken Lens up to guide it."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys nods. "Probably better to use Pattern, if you can find a way to do that."

"And how did you come by this blade?"

((OOC: I'm told there will be a trump call incoming at some point, but am holding off on declaring that since I don't yet know the content of said call.))
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"It was by the broken pattern I walked... by itself... just left there." Osmund will say.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

(OOC: Apparently it is a runner.)

Daq, the redcap, will arrive outside the door of wherever you are. (Currently believed to be somewhere in Ht'Gon, perhaps Cameron's quarters?) He will knock loudly and declare. "Marriage invite."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys looks between Cameron and Osmund for a moment. "I think we're done here?"

If neither speaks up*, she'll simply move to depart, clearly assuming that whatever message Daq is bringing was meant for Cameron, not her.

_____
* Assuming we're in Cameron's quarters. ...Though, in that case, she might add - prior to opening the door, and pitched to not carry through it to a potential eavesdropper, "I presume you will have no trouble repairing your floor?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Daq is standign in the way. "Hey, Alys. Good, you're my next stop. There's an invite to Rogbar's wedding." he will hand out notes. "Although, since he'd rather die then get hitched, we're assuming kidnapping." He hands her the invite, and one for Cameron. "You're invited as well. Aibne is throwing a major reception." He shrugs.
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

Cameron looks at the damage to the floor for a moment, and hefts the Star. "It should just pound out.."

He's brought up short by Daq's arrival and what sounds like an incoherent message. "Wait, a marriage...? Is Aibne getting married? And on such short notice?"

He turns to Osmund. "How about you, are you up for a... sudden reception, or do you need help with anything?"
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys nods once, acknowledging Daq's message. "This seems worth my attention. I will be there shortly." And with that, she departs - physically pushing Daq out of the way if she has to.

Her destination is, of course, her own quarters, where she plans to pick up some replacement weapons (and a cloak). And, after that, the field where Aibne is preparing the Shadow Striders for a rescue mission.
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

After a little consideration and confusion Cameron's going to pull out his deck and start leafing through, pulling out Aibne's card. He takes a breath and reaches into it.

Er, hello? What's this about a shotgun wedding? Should I come up with some sort of gift?