07.10i Amber's Pattern

The goings on of courts
Spellbinder
Missing Some Marbles

Re: 07/10i Amber's Pattern

Post by Spellbinder »

"I'm very good at impulsive, but if I was going to do this on impulse I would have already. Everyone else seems more eager for me to do it than I am. There's just something oddly...compelling...about the sight of it. I'm usually much better are resisting such things."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys snorts. "Not everyone."

"Regardless," she turns back to Harrune, "We seem to be largely in agreement on the next steps: think on the situation and take action in the morning."

"And, as I do have other matters to attend to tonight, if you all will excuse me?" The question is largely a formality, as she's already on her way out the door - taking a left, further into the tunnels, rather than the right that would lead back to the stairs to Castle Amber. There is still time for any parting comments, though, and if someone has an actual question for her she'll stick around long enough to address that.
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Harrune strokes his chin. "Hmmm...the sight of the Pattern can be almost hypnotic to people. I have grown so jaded to the sight of it that I had forgotten that. The Pattern of Tir-Na Ng'oth had a similar effect on me when I first saw it. The others did as well, but the pull of Tir-Na's was definitely the strongest. Perhaps because I was destined to walk it."

Harrune holds his hand up, palm out, towards Spellbinder. "Peace friend. I did say 'perhaps' and I was speaking of my own experience. It is not my goal to press you towards any choice. My apologies if I have made it seem otherwise. It may simply be that you are more attuned to power in general with perhaps some native curiosity mixed in as well."

"As I said, it has been a long day. If you will excuse me?" Without actually waiting for answer Harrune turns towards the door and leave, family members in tow.
Spellbinder
Missing Some Marbles

Post by Spellbinder »

Spellbinder did indeed tense during Harrune's talk and was ready to say something before he was cut off. Instead he remains silent until the Cani leave.

"I wonder if he's right? Would another affect me less? Maybe I should take a look at another, or two, when I get the chance."

An impish grin spreads across his face. "Is 'if you'll excuse me' the way people say good night to each other here? Does anyone really expect an answer when they say it? Seriously though, I should get going. I do need to prep some spells for tomorrow and at least a nap would be good too. Another big day tomorrow. Hopefully after that I'll get a chance to slow down a bit and get my bearings here. I'll break with tradition and simply say good night." With that, Spellbinder leaves as well.