07.10h So, I was thinking...

The goings on of courts
misfit
Raving Mad

07.10h So, I was thinking...

Post by misfit »

Harrune contacts Rasanam via Trump. We discussed out of character that he would accept, so I'm going to skip that part since this will be a long post anyway.

I just had an inspiration about a choice for our mole in Lane's church. The idea definitely has merits, but it has some drawbacks as well. I would value your wisdom in this matter.

We had a new arrival this morning. I do not know if you have met him yet, but he goes by the name Spellbinder. Oberon at least seemed to be treating him like he would walk the Pattern at some point, but he hasn't yet.

On the plus side he, he is new. He has no friends or ties here, which would make him a tempting target for any cult to recruit. Being a potential Amberite who hasn't walked the Pattern would make him desirable. This would make his recruitment seem plausible. Also, he seems to have experience with sorcery, which means he should have some experience powerful beings. If he's fated to be an Amberite then he can quite likely take care of himself.

On the minus side, he has no friends or ties here. That means he has no allegiance to us. There is a chance they could legitimately turn him to their cause. I'm not sure it would be wise to take that risk.

My meeting with him was brief, but he young and he came across as brash, cocky, even a bit arrogant. He styles himself a hero, and that idealism could help our cause or hurt it depending on how it is directed.

What might your thoughts on the subject be?
Rasanam
Lunatic

Re: 07.10h So, I was thinking...

Post by Rasanam »

I did chat with him a bit, Rasanam replies. Based on that, I would advise against asking him to do this; he seemed a bit annoyed at being 'badgered' about local concerns. That said, I don't think it's a bad idea, and he should certainly be informed of the situation. And if, at that point, he chooses to volunteer? That could work.

As for being 'turned to their cause'... I wouldn't worry about that, myself. Spellbinder seems like a good person; if Lane's church is benign, then it's not a threat; if it's not benign, then he won't turn. Either way works.
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Hmmm..."badgered"? I think I was part of that. I'm afraid that he and I got off to a very bad start. That being the case, would you mind informing him yourself? ...or is there someone else you would suggest? I doubt that he would want to hear from me for a while.

I hope that you are right about him. Perhaps we both are. Time will tell. The same for Lane's deity. Just knowing if it is friend, foe or neutral would be a big help. To that end, I'll continuing with my other plans to gather information.

Thank you for your insights in this matter. For that matter, thank you for you wisdom and insights in general.
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam offers Harrune a mental shrug. I do what I can. And while I may not always be the wisest or most insightful*, I can at least generally manage being less cryptic than Asai. I'll go talk to him, see what comes of it.

_____
* There's a bit of an undercurrent here: Rasanam generally considers Lyra to be better at both of these items. Sure, he's smart, but that's not at all the same thing.