07.10g Once More Unto The Breach

The goings on of courts
Spellbinder
Missing Some Marbles

07.10g Once More Unto The Breach

Post by Spellbinder »

Spellbinder and Chance (and Risk) come to a landing at the outer edges of the festival. Once he makes sure they are at least relatively okay they will make their way into the crowd.

"People seem rather worked up about something. I think we may have just missed something big. Oh well, let's go find Oberon. Stay close and no one should give us any trouble."
Draylen
Lunatic

Re: 07.10g Once More Unto The Breach

Post by Draylen »

Having managed to escape into the crowd after Harrune's fabulously successful speech*, Aibne Grant the brown bear is working on being inconspicuous, as only a bear can. He's carefully avoiding running into people, as everyone hustles and bustles in preparation for the game of football.

----
*Aibne calls it successful in that he (Aibne) achieved his goals, and is willing to take partial credit for it working as well as it did.
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam and Lyra fly over, the crowd parting to make landing spots for the two dragons.

"Hello again. Lyra, this is Spellbinder - the one I was talking to earlier about shapeshifting effects. Spellbinder, Lyra."

Rasanam pauses a moment after introductions before adding, "I'm guessing something important came up for you to make your way back here? Anything we can help with?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Chance will look at the two of them with slightly large eyes. "You know dragons?" The young-ish street theif will ask.

Risk will sniff around. He is apparently well known here as the orcs give the dire-rat a little space.
Spellbinder
Missing Some Marbles

Post by Spellbinder »

"Rasanam, good to see you again. A pleasure to meet you Lyra." He gives Lyra a bow. "These are my guides Chance and Risk."

"Do I know dragons? These are the only two I've met...here. I've met a couple of others here and there. Sorcerors meet all sorts of interesting beings, and so do superheroes, so being both..." Spellbinder smiles and shrugs.

"So, I was looking into Harrune's project. I have an idea. It's just a stopgap, but it should buy us time for a more permanent solution. My problem is that there a few houses right where I need to set something up. Demolishing the houses isn't a problem, but I don't want to just kick people out into the streets. Since it's in the city, I was hoping that Oberon might be able to pull some strings and get them relocated somewhere. It really is a 'greatest good for the greatest number' sort of thing, but no reason to be a jerk about it."
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

"It's nice to meet all of you as well," Lyra replies with a small bow of her own that includes the guides as well as Spellbinder. "Spellbinder? That's an interesting name. Sounds more like a title or profession though..." She leaves her words hanging to allow for a response before continuing.

"I'm not sure I know what you mean by Harrune's project. We were planning on looking into property down in the city tomorrow ourselves and don't want to inconvenience anyone either. What's the 'greatest good' you spoke of?"
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam nods. "That does sound more like Oberon's thing than ours. At least, I'm not familiar enough with the city to have any suggestions on where to move people to. ...Do you have a deck yet? If so, you could just call him. If not... Lyra, would you mind doing that?"

Rasanam looks back to Spellbinder, explaining, "I'd do that myself, but initiating a trump call is highly disruptive to magic, and I'd rather not lose my shapeshifting spell again."
Spellbinder
Missing Some Marbles

Post by Spellbinder »

"A deck? No, I don't. Maybe that's for the best. I don't think I'm ready for that. Maybe later, but not now. Lyra, I would appreciate the help, but if it's a bother I can always find Oberon on my own."

He turns to Rasanam. "They disrupt magic? That's interesting. Any idea of how and why? If we knew that, maybe we could work around it. If you don't know, maybe we'll need to study it at some point."
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam shakes his head. "I have some ideas on the matter, but having just discovered the effect this evening, nothing that's worth biasing a potential independent perspective. Speaking of which," he shuffles through his own deck before offering his card to Spellbinder, "Here. I will want this back at some point, but it occurs to me that you should probably have a way to contact someone if anything important comes up. And, for that matter, I would like your thoughts on the how and the why..."

((Given warfare, it should be relatively obvious that Rasanam has something he wants to tell Spellbinder in private, and is suggesting a trump call right now as a way to do that. Given psyche, it should be relatively obvious that Rasanam does, also, want Spellbinder's thoughts on how the cards might actually work.))
Spellbinder
Missing Some Marbles

Post by Spellbinder »

Spellbinder takes the card and very carefully examines it. "Hmmm, well this is something new for me, so it will take a little time to understand how they work let alone how they interact with other magic." He focuses on it more intently.

So, I'm given to understand that we just need to focus on the card and we can speak mind to mind. Am I getting this right?