07.10f: Your Barony for a Speech

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.10f: Your Barony for a Speech

Post by Joshua »

"I went in Odin's place, that should be enough for the record-books." He shrugs. "I wasn't planning on staying past this drink. The old-man wants me back where I came from by then. Still, I suppose I could drink slowly for a bit." He laughs at that.

"The sword-belt? That's something else. Chain-sword is better, but really, I just have it because it was the closest thing to an artifact I'm good with. This place doesn't do good things to magic. On the plus side, I'm small, and that helps." He will remove it and offer it to whichever of you wants to take a closer look.
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Harrune will take the weapon quickly...so quickly that it is somewhere between "grabbing" and "snatching". He gives it a very thorough inspection. including a few thrusts and swings. Then he hands it back.

"Very interesting. May I ask where you got it? And for that matter, may I ask who you are and where exactly you have to go back to?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"It's... a creation of bone and body. Forged at the same time I was. And there is no 'where' that a construct goes back to." He will answer, takign another drink of the moonshine. "I suppose I could insist on staying after the drink, but only for something very specific. The old man wouldn't approve, but he's not here."
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

Aibne blinks slightly and gives a short, shallow nod. He seems to be considering things. "I... have a few things I would like to ask you. Sort of an interview. Somewhere private enough, certainly." He takes a quick glance at the obstacle course again and shakes his head. "Of course, if Lord Odin wishes to show himself at any time during the interview, I'm certain he'll be able to find his way."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"I suppose." he will shrug. "And Odin won't have any trouble finding you." He will laugh again. "Seriously?" He will say to no-one in particular, followed by another laugh.

He will get a second drink, for the road. "If I'm extending my stay, might as well use the original plan."

Drink in hand he will stand up. "Wherever you want to go..."
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

Aibne nods and glances at Harrune, the sun, and the obstacle course, before leading the two of them to a fairly isolated tent. "Hopefully the owner of this won't miss it for the, oh, ten, fifteen minutes we'll be using it," he says, slightly antsy about it, but shaking his head. "Anyway." He sits down in one of three convenient folding chairs, smiling at the goblin. "So where would you say your home is?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Fine old man..." He will grumble, and take a swig of his moonshine before answering. "That's hard to say..." He will close his eyes and think. "There's ... an arena, on a large branch. Bloodhaven where pacifists hone their skills to defend their families, and for sport and the cheer of the crowd. Huh... I've never actually been there. So many separate parts, the oppression by orcs, for some reason, they were able to levitate leather in my home shadow. It's fascinating. Too bad the old man didn't take the time to make it coherent."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Harrune narrows his eyes and cocks his head. He appears a bit confused and a bit irritated. He will however sit quietly and allow Aibne to continue his interview.
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

"Huh. That sounds a little familiar, but I can't place from where." He gives a slight shrug, musing for a short while, before nodding. He glances at Harrune, grimaces slightly, and looks at the goblin. "So, how did Odin make you? He shapeshifted into you, correct? But I thought that was mostly a physical thing, not a mental one."
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

((Incoming Trump call for Harrune; let it through or resist?))