07.10f: Your Barony for a Speech

The goings on of courts
Draylen
Lunatic

07.10f: Your Barony for a Speech

Post by Draylen »

Aibne strolled along with Harrune* after leaving the Hall of Mirrors. "I'm still surprised something like that exists," he says, shrugging a little. "I wish I'd known about it. Seems like a nice hide-hole." He shakes his head and glances toward the obstacle course. "Hmm. We seem to be a little early... that's not too big a deal. Who is running next? Odin?" he asks, craning his neck and peering at the line of people. "How do you think he'll do?"

---

*And possibly Asai if she's bored and amusing herself by following the two of them. This will probably turn out interesting, but it might take a while for that.
misfit
Raving Mad

Re: 07.10f: Your Barony for a Speech

Post by misfit »

"It exists, but not necessarily where you think it does. This day is giving me far too many things to think about. I will most certainly need some time to think it all through."

"While I haven't had much of a chance to assess Odin myself, Dworkin seems to treat him as a near equal. That makes he think that he would be formidable. I suspect he will do quite well."

As he says this, an interesting run take place on the obstacle course. It quickly draws his attention. He stares intently, ignoring everything else happening around him.
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

Aibne nods idly, watching the goblin do his race. He frowns a little at the judgment about the goblin. "There's... something wrong with that, but I can't put my finger on what... Do you have any idea, Harrune?"

He shakes his head a little, glancing at the rest of the contestants. "It looks like the games will be over soon. That's good, at least. Then, the..." he glances at Harrune briefly, thinking a little. "Main event, will begin. Or at least the first part."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Harrune is definitely affected by watching that run. He's...disturbed? shaken? spooked? Something like that. "Wrong? That weapon...those moves...almost like watching..." Harrune abruptly turns to Aibne. "Who is that goblin? I don't recall seeing him before."
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

Aibne shakes his head and frowns. "I don't think he is a goblin... or, if he is, he's a brand new arrival." He pauses a moment and looks thoughtful. "He could be odin, actually. Maybe. It can be hard to tell."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

"Odin? That might explain a few things. I would really like to find out. I think I should go track him down if I can and have a few words with him." Unless Aibne tries to stop him Harrune will head off to do just that. Aibne is welcome to try to stop him or tag along as he sees fit.
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

"I, um, well, I..." Aibne starts, before shaking his head, following along. "Well, I guess if it doesn't take too long it'll be okay..." he says, grumbling a little bit, mostly to himself.
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Harrune looks somewhat perturbed. He will speak quietly for Aibne's ears alone (but keeps moving as he does). "Let me tell you a few things that I don't like to be generally known. Some of it will come out shortly, but there are things I still prefer to keep to myself. That weapon he was using...from what I could see it looks like a duplicate of a weapon I had custom made for me years ago. It took the weaponsmith and I months to get it right. It was my signature weapon. It seems odd that one would suddenly show up here. Also, his style out there...much of it felt like watching myself. And to answer the obvious question, yes, I could do that well on the course is I chose to...maybe better. I dislike violence, but when the need arises I can be very effective at it. This whole thing seems a bit too...personal. I want to know what it's all about."

"And just what is this event that so important that I have to be there to witness?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

(OOC: I asked the player about this.)
Aibne responds with a bit of stunned deflection as you head into the crowd to find the goblin.

Said goblin is fairly easy to find. He's pulled up a stool at one of the more-outsider-friendly goblin mobile pubs (it's basically serving moonshine) and is refusing most goblin company and grumbling to himself. "Hope it was worth it old man. Had to go for the gold ring to impress, I understand. But it means I'm getting a drink before I go.”
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

The bear coughs slightly. "Excuse me, sir," he says to get the goblin's attention. "I wanted to congratulate you on your performance, and ask about your sword belt. It's a very impressive device. I also wanted to get your name; I'm going to give a speech after the obstacle course ends, and I wanted to point out the winners."