07.10c: Dragon Ones Feet

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.10c: Dragon Ones Feet

Post by Joshua »

Kizak will ponder... "Maybe... it has something to o with the pattern? It infused you with what.... our kind can sorta do... or maybe what we do is a shadow of what you did..." he pauses. "Something to research."
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

"I think it's a bit of both honestly. I'm not just a dragon now, I'm a shapeshifter. I think giving me that power was how the Pattern decided I could be a Dragon like I desired to be. I can do some interesting things with the power that I know were not common among Dragons, at least from my world."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"I think I understand. I suppose I shouldn't keep fearing that ... those practices are taking place here. I wonder if what we do is just an inefficient way to do what you were able to do? Maybe none of those in my home are real dragons... or originally dragons, and that's why we need ... each other." Kizak will observe... "So, uh... the obstacle course seems interesting."
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Lyra smiles back. "I wouldn't worry about anything so disgusting occurring here. If I heard of such a thing I'd do everything in my power to see it stopped immediately and...make sure everyone was aware that such things are not permitted here. If you have any friends or loved ones back where you are from I could go see what I could do to protect them and perhaps bring them here."

After a brief pause, her gaze turns to the obstacle course, watching as a few competitors turn in solid runs. "It looks difficult but I'm pretty sure I could make it through with little effort. Even before coming here I was pretty adept at the sort of skills it looks like the course tests. Maybe I'll run next year for fun just to try it. My husband is going to have a maze run set up at tomorrow's event that I'm sure will prove more of a challenge for me so I was going to give that a try. I've been purposefully avoiding learning too much about what all it will entail."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"That's good... You and Alys seem to have a... I mean, because I'm a dragon, you've both been very interested in what I'm doing. Do you know why Alys is doing that? She seems nice, but... she also feels very dangerous."
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Lyra smiles. "Well she is dangerous certainly, but she's also a good person. It's in her nature to be less trusting of people and to always try and see the big picture, to look for threats on the horizon. To really make this place safe, we need that sort of thinking. If her manner and motivations have you concerned at all, I'd suggest bringing it up directly with her. I wouldn't want to make assumptions or put words in her mouth."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Kizak will nod. "Well, thank you for the invitation. And I think Alys wants to appoint me as some kind of contact point between her and Rebma... that's a little... scary. Free positions always have a price tag where I come from." He will shiver lightly. "Anyhow... I don't want ot be named to a position I'm not familiar with or able to succeed at. I'm used to being a small god. I mean, not literally, but... you know, major patron of a town. The thing they whisper about in reverent tones and pay homage to."
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

"You're quite welcome. I think you'd do fine at being a liaison between Rebma and Alys. I wouldn't expect a price other than the expected responsibility of the position. Being revered that way you might have ended up actually becoming the god people believed you to be where I come from."
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam (back in armored drake form) flies over from his conversation with Cameron and Krajk.

On arrival, he wraps wings and tail around Lyra in a hug, before disentangling (at least mostly... his tail lingers), and turning to Kizak. "Hello! Good to see you again; I'm guessing Alys invited you tonight? How have you been?"

He does, also, take advantage of the physical contact to open a mental connection with Lyra, not bothering with actual trump. ((OOC note: anyone with even Amber psyche can do this, though it tends to be slow to establish - even with a significant psyche advantage.)) Some interesting news, he tells her, that should probably be spread around. Various people have found assorted 'god' level entities - or agents for such. Would you prefer the details in private, or do you think we could ask Kizak to pass the message on to Alys?
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

(OOC: Other important notes about the speed of said connection:
  1. : Rasanam and Lyra are wearing trump of each other. Yes, that helps.
  2. : These are long-term companions who are married, perhaps soul-mates.
  3. : They could just as easy communicate this non-verbally using hand-signals or lingo based on shared history.
  4. : Rasanam has ranked psyche.
There's a lot that can make this happen and a lot that can make it easier, and they have at least 4 items I can think of. If you're not sure about a pairing, lemmie know.)

Kizak will make small-talk while the real conversation happens.