07.10c: Dragon Ones Feet

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

07.10c: Dragon Ones Feet

Post by Joshua »

As Lyra heads toward Rasanam, she is intercepted by Kizak, the dragon still only wearing a light utility belt of spell pouches and some coral. He is apparently warming himself internally somehow, and his breath lets out a lot more steam than one might expect, even in the middle of winter.

"Lady Lyra... I... I had cut out conversation short last night. I'm sorry for the... grim matter, but perhaps we can move past that." He is carrying a small 'gift' of grilled food and offers one.
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Re: 07.10c: Dragon Ones Feet

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

Lyra gives the dragon a warm smile, accepting the proffered food. "It's quite alright. No need to be sorry. It was an important matter to have clarified. This place, it's people, and ways can take a lot of getting used to. Oh, and just so you know, I certainly don't stand on propriety. Just Lyra is fine. What do you think of Ht'Gon so far? All of this craziness," Lyra begins with a gesture to the obstacle course but is momentarily interrupted. The gnomish clockwork golem that was attempting the course takes a final hit and explodes, exemplifying Lyra's description of the day's events. "Ahem...is certainly quite a change from the regal ball at Rebma. I think I prefer something in between myself."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"I prefer small towns. So, all of this, but smaller. Five families in a competition; that sort of thing." Kizak will smile at the explosion, sort of a defeated acceptance. "I do miss being a god. But, Alys has been giving me a small reminder of that. I wonder if she wants me to attend tomorrow's event? I've never been to a quiet evening. I was too far from the cities for that."
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

"The city I'm from was rather large but somehow still seemed intimate to me. Or seems I suppose I should say. I still feel like that's my real home in many ways. I suppose that will change in time but I have a lifetime of memories there and only a month's worth of them here. As far as tomorrow's event, I'm sure you'd be welcome at Tir'na nogth. At the very least I'd be appreciative of one more friendly face there even if we don't know each other very well yet. Rasanam's pretty excited about the Soirée and has some plans for an activity that sounds fun. You might enjoy it as well. I'm not sure how public his plans are so I don't want to give too much away beforehand."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Of course, I can attend. I just... to be invited while so many are not..." He will think. "Dragons. Is this about keeping us together?"
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

"That wasn't my intention, no. I just thought you might be interested in attending. Well, that's not completely true. I'm still a bit biased towards Dragons. I've always been fascinated by them; even now", Lyra says with a smile and a small flourish of her wings. "I still haven't had a chance to meet or speak with very many real Dragons so I'm being a little selfish in inviting you...but I hope you don't mind."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"I don't quite understand. You're a real dragon. You can't ... fool that sense... I don't think." Kizak will say. "I guess, dragons are less social where you are from? Where I lived, they have great societies and cities. Cultures as diverse as anything you'd see here."
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

"What I meant was I wasn't always a Dragon so in many ways I still don't feel like a real or true dragon. Back home I had discovered I had a dragon for an ancestor and often had dreams about dragons so I tried searching for magical means to enhance that connection. It wasn't until coming here that I was able to change form like this. Growing up I always had a fascination for Dragons and wanted to learn more but like you said, Dragons where I come from are rare and most of I met over the years were exceptionally dangerous, manipulative, and certainly not interested in a chat about what it's like to be a dragon. So please excuse me if I act strange around you or seem awkward. I still feel awe anytime I get to meet an actual dragon like you. It's still somewhat of a are and magical experience for me."

Lyra pauses, looking a bit embarrassed. "How is it you can tell I'm a dragon? I've never heard of a sense like that."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"It's hard to explain. Just a form of intuition." He will pause... "Uh, what were the ritual like? Where I am from, there's only one way to be ... 'more a dragon' and you said you don't do that."
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

"That's a very interesting ability regardless. As far as my efforts to become a dragon, there was no real ritual. My husband Rasanam is exceptional with magic and research and knew how badly I wanted to become a Dragon. We devised what I suppose you could call a ritual but is probably more accurately described as a form of meditation. As I said Dragons were rare and non-Dragon relations rarer still so we were guessing at a lot of it. We knew I had a hereditary connection to dragons and there was some trace of that in my blood; just a hint of magic. With some practice I was able to tap into my dreams, which had always been vivid, and use them to essentially will my connection with my heritage to grow stronger. To my delight it seemed to be working. At first all I could really do was transform my fingers into claws but that was a start and it felt like we were onto something."

"But before I had a chance to really pursue my meditation much further, Dworkin showed up and invited my husband and I here to Amber. I walked the Pattern of Ht'Gon and after that, becoming a Dragon just felt natural. I..." Lyra trails off for a moment, emotion evident in her expression. "Coming here let me uncover my heritage and unlocked who I was inside."