07.10d In the Way, Out of the Way

The goings on of courts
Rasanam
Lunatic

Re: 07.10d In the Way, Out of the Way

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam looks up. "Hm? No, not really. I'm sorry, were you waiting to be dismissed?" He shakes his head. "You are free to go if you wish, or stay if you wish; I see no need to stand on formality right now." And then he looks back down at Asai's card, werewolf apparently forgotten.
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

After a bit, Rasanam looks up again, though he's still holding the card. "Well, that seems to be the end of that. Thank you for letting us know, Krajk; that was, to borrow Asai's terms, 'instructive'. And, surprisingly, only mildly worrying."
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

"I'm not even going to guess what that was all about. Though it was instructional to see what you can and can't do while focusing on Trump..." He leans against a convenient crate, having emptied his mug again.

"Anything of specific import? It sounded.. strange from this side."
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam shakes his head and puts Asai's card away. "Not really. Strange is definitely a good description, though. Reflections of things past, in a corridor that isn't really there... hm. I wonder if that's related to where Tir'na Nog'th goes during the day?"

"Regardless, I now find myself short a few spells; if there's nothing more either of you need from me immediately, I should like to go fix that..."

If the answer is no, there's nothing more right this second, Rasanam will pull out a different card and vanish with the standard rainbow of sparks.
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

Cameron shakes his head. "Nothing for me, I was really coming down to cheer on my new associate who seems to have decided to enter the games. I figure it'll be a good thing to show for. You know how to reach me, regardless."
Krajk
Needs a Guide

Post by Krajk »

Krajk will mutter something under his breath about almost missing old school press-gangings and turn his attention more fully towards the obstacle course.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

The werewolf will walk over... "I.. hope I'm not interrupting. That seemed important and uh... Rasanam seems to have lost interest in our conversation. It sounded like you were talking about a spirit world, but there doesn't seem to be one of those here."
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

Cameron is briefly distracted by Zunkir's run and actually seems more disappointed than he should at his showing, mostly sorry for the minotaur than for his showing. He applauds at the finish, then turns back to the werewolf.

"My apologies, that was my new assistant. I think he did pretty well for half of what he's used to not working." He gathers his composure then chuckles for a moment.

"I hate to say I'm probably the last one to ask questions about eschatology and cosmology around here. The rules are all strange, and I suspect I've only been introduced to a few of the wonders around here. Which, as far as I can tell, includes myself. From what I've been able to gather, though, is that there is this place, Amber, and somewhere out there is something I've heard referred to as "Chaos", and all the worlds are stretched out between them. I got the impression that some of these worlds are more than one, where there is an active spirit realm, or several. I know in my home we had discovered other worlds *within* our Shadow, though they are impossibly far away so we will only be able to see them through looking glasses.* Given you can travel to Shadows vis walking, by Trump, and, I guess, by other magics, nothing says that you couldn't find a way to bring someone from here to spirit realm in another Shadow, if that's what happened. I really don't know for sure."

He blushes a little, bashful. "I probably confused you even more. Life of an engineer - always trying to figure out how things fit together."

-----
* - Cameron's home shadow has some uneven metatech - corpuscular (nuclear) weapons may have been developed, and there are particle/beam weapons utilizing crystaltech - but they haven't progressed beyond lighter-than-air travel. Rocketry is straight out.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

The werewolf will nod... and turn to Krajk, "If it means anything to either of you... I am Mountain's Proud Child, Elodoth of the Meninna tribe, sometimes called Hunters in the Darkness. Monty for short." He will bow slightly at the other shapeshanger... waiting for some reaction or lack thereof before turning back to Cameron.
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

Cameron has a trump call! It is, unsurprisingly, Rasanam - still in elven form, but apparently he's had enough time to re-prepare his shapeshifting spell and would like to be pulled back to Amber before he casts it, please and thank you.