07.10d In the Way, Out of the Way

The goings on of courts
Rasanam
Lunatic

Re: 07.10d In the Way, Out of the Way

Post by Rasanam »

After a bit, Rasanam looks up (though he doesn't put the card away). "Seems they caught the attention of one of the deep denizens. Interesting, but not overly alarming. Did you have any specific questions about Trump? I'm hardly an expert - as I just demonstrated - but I've started to learn how to make them, so that probably puts me a step ahead of most..."
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

"Actually, that's a significant hunk of my curiosity on the subject. As... craftleader?... of Ht'gon, it's going to come up eventually anyway. Like... do they have to be cards? How long does it take to make them? Is this sorcery, Pattern, or some other art, and if so please let it be more like engineering..." He chuckles just a bit.

"I sound like an apprentice on the second day. My apologies." He takes a sip of his drink to quiet himself.
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

"No, I can't yet but the stuff I can make takes days, and Art is pretty much exactly the right term. You can only get it down to a science for... really just the most basic examples; a painting connecting to a place that was set up deliberately as a place to be connected to, for example. Making connections to people is... rather trickier. People change; grow your hair a bit or trim it; exercise or eat too much... for what I can manage, even just a different mood can break the connection. The cards, needless to say, are rather better than that."
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

"So we know it's possible to create something more... enduring, I guess. I noticed looking at my Home card that it seemed to have changed from when I left there; perhaps something like that is going on..." He rrrrfs. "After this, when there is time, I'd not mind perhaps watching you draw one for a place. Maybe I can pick up the knack. I sketch, but most of my best work is in metal and other hard materials, more sculpting than drawing."

"So many mysteries most of us know nothing about, and Dworkin doesn't seem interested in sharing..."
Krajk
Needs a Guide

Post by Krajk »

Krajk's expression is well controlled, but just a bit of the sort of look one might expect from a dandy 'asked' to muck out the stables or latrine pit leaks through around the edges (mostly in the depths of his eyes). Despite this, he's quite clearly paying attention to the discussion, even if he does give a rather... different impression of why than does Cameron.
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam shrugs, and completely fails to notice any nuances in Krajk's expression - most of his attention is still on the card he's holding and maintaining a connection to Asai.

"I don't see any reason why you couldn't apply similar techniques to sculpting... but then again, I haven't tried. As for enduring... The real cards are... interesting in that regard. You can bend them," he demonstrates with Asai's card, "but not fold them, and if there is a way to damage the things, I'm not aware of it. Maybe drop one off the side of the Pattern while you're walking it? As for watching me work, that should be simple to arrange - I'm going to need to make one soon anyway."
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

"I'd like that a lot. When you're not.. well, busy." He catches Krajk's annoyance and figures it started right about the time he brought up Dworkin. Which pretty much means they have similar opinions of the dwarf. He doesn't say anything about it here, though it may be good for discussion later.
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

"I'll let you know. It will probably be... maybe a week from now? Some time after the current festivities are over, certainly."
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

Cameron nods. "It's been an eventful few days, and promises to be a bit moreso for the next while. Only a week? That would be splendid. I look forward to it then." He looks up at the preparation for the challenge, patiently waiting for the Trump call to finish, or a call for his assistance.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

The werewolf will ask, "Uh, am I needed for anything?" He is a bit cowed by the whole situation...