07.10d In the Way, Out of the Way

The goings on of courts
khadjair
Lunatic

07.10d In the Way, Out of the Way

Post by khadjair »

Cameron walks along the festival grounds, making his way towards where the obstacle course is set up. Along the way he'll stop for conversation, grab a drink or three, and generally do his best to be seen out and about and most importantly among people, rather than ensconsed in the boxes for the nobility. Provided he doesn't get interrupted, he'll eventually find himself down near the beginning of the obstacle course, expressing interest in who is competing, and how the previous competitors have done.

((leaving this open for anything that happens en route))
Krajk
Needs a Guide

Re: 07.10d In the Way, Out of the Way

Post by Krajk »

As Cameron nears the obstacle course, he will notice an interesting little scene taking shape off to one side. Previously, Rasanam had been amiably chatting with a werewolf. Now, it appears Krajk has accosted the wizard and is talking earnestly, if quietly, to him*. Between distance and crowd noise the orc won't be able to make out every word that's being said, but a few snippets can be picked up ("Harrune", "furry sorcerer" and "teleport" in close conjunction). A stray gust seems to carry an entire phrase through a faint lull in the noise but "...his smell went sideways..." doesn't seem to make much sense without proper context.

(*Whether the werewolf has stuck around or not is up in the air - Krajk is making no effort to chase him off, whether through actions or attitude, but if Krajk were a werewolf (or wolf) he'd definitely be an alpha so *shrug*.)
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam replies, also quietly... but is also looking around and waves Cameron over as the orc approaches.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

The werewolf knows official business when he sees it. And it is two Amberites in a heated discussion. He hasn't been dismissed and is doing a good job of staying quiet. His hands are twitching slightly from Krajk's presence, but he knows better than to attempt an argument with an alpha of unknown strength. Those of you who are sensitive to it, he has used Lifeforce (the power word*) to accelerate his healing.

Post by khadjair »

Cameron will make his way over, having grabbed a mug of something... well, it's best to not have any open flames around it, likely. But he's got a smile as he walks on over. "Good afternoon, just one of the people I wanted to run into..." He pauses for a moment. "Though I must say what little I was able to hear leaves me a little confused." He nods to the werewolf by way of greeting, though won't interrupt the conversation otherwise.
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

"It seems," Rasnam explains, "That Harrune and Asai have vanished in some non-standard way. I am going to ask them what happened, but wanted - no offense - more than just Krajk here in case anything further goes... unexpectedly."

He takes out Asai's trump card, concentrates on it for a few moments, and then suddenly ripples back to being an elf instead of a dragon. "Seriously?" Rasanam mutters to himself, "That blocks spells too? What a nuisance."
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

"Well, I'm more than happy to help..." he unlimbers the Star just in case it's needed, then blinks. "I don't know much about magic but that looked.. unexpected. And by "vanish" I'm presuming you mean more than just invisible."
Krajk
Needs a Guide

Post by Krajk »

Krajk keeps a weather eye on the spellcaster but otherwise leaves him to... whatever it is he's doing as he answers Cameron's implied question. "Invisible people still have a scent, unless they're overly thorough or have senses beyond the normal humanoid ones. Teleports just cut off scents like with a knife and interplanar teleports... the closest I can think of to describe them is like their scents began translating to another sense just before being cut off, similar to what happens if you get too close to a lightning strike*."

(*Namely, temporary synesthesia. Thought being that multiplanar D&D-style worlds still would exist with a single shadow, or at least a handful of really freaking closely aligned/positioned ones, and that therefore there'd be some degree of metaphorical overlap separated by a 'phasing' of sorts and that the senses confusion is a result of someone teleporting across planar boundaries shifting from one 'phase' to another. Hopefully that makes some degree of sense... lol)
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam doesn't look up from the card, and it's clear that most of his attention is still focused on that, but he comments, "Incidentally, if either of you two ever really need to be immune to magic, it seems that calling someone with the cards has that effect. Of course, so does sufficient focus on a mental image of the Pattern, though from what I've heard, I think the two of you might prefer the cards..." ((In case it's not clear, this is a somewhat oblique reference to neither Cameron nor Krajk really liking the circumstances of their Pattern walk.))
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

Cameron nods a bit. "I didn't know that either were possible. That's good to know. I'm really curious about the Trumps and how they work, though had no real idea how to start."