07.10d In the Way, Out of the Way

The goings on of courts
khadjair
Lunatic

Re: 07.10d In the Way, Out of the Way

Post by khadjair »

Cameron coughs just a bit and nods. "Yes I'm fine. It's just a little warm here with the fire up like that."

He snorts at the mention of a lemur. "I wouldn't say that in earshot. I believe you want to think a little more.. Feline." His smile at that twists just a bit with a blush at Min's smirk but he says nothing.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Zunkir will listen at the tent flap, (staying inside as he drys off), during Harrune's speech. He will shrug and finally claim back his clothing. "Well, I will try to find her then I suppose. Are, are you okay? You look flushed."

Min will interrupt, "Anyhow, we were able to get lodgings. The city was hesitant to rent to minotaurs, but we're a bit more civilized than they expected." He will give you the address. "You are, of course, welcome whenever you'd like. We are here by your patronage."
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

Cameron collects his composure, scattered about as it has been. "No, I'm well, it's just warmer in here than I've been used to."

He nods to Min for a moment. "I'm glad. You know if you have any problems with that sort of thing I will straighten it out. If nothing else, I have to treat my authority as a trades sigil - defend it against those who would deny or adulterate it, or it will lose its value."

"Also, I'll be embarking on a design for the outer settlement, and I plan on including spaces for houses of worship and homes for all who would live there. You will, of course, be welcome to stay, and even to provide input on the plans. It's far easier to erase a chalk line than a stone wall, after all. Though I understand not wanting to be quite so... removed from events, especially being new here." He pauses, considering for a moment.

"Also... I know what it's like to be a stranger in a new land, and never able to return home. It is dangerous to travel the paths I take right now, but should you have need, I can take you back with some consideration. I don't know how different it will be - time flows differently in different places. It could be months have already passed.. or only a few hours. But the offer is there."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Min shakes his head. "No, this is my last adventure. Or.. perhaps my first." He will smile and give Cameron a pat on the head. "If you want, I can explain things tonight..." He will murr. "Since Zunkir seems to be missing the obvious."
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

Cameron blushes and chuckles, ducking a little at the familiar gesture. "I'd be curious to hear, you're.. quite a talented fighter, not the sort I'd expect to join the priesthood, especially later in life. No crusader of myth, I imagine."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Then an explanation after dinner." Min will state, with Zunkir beign a little clueless about it. "I will stay the night and explain what I can. The short of it... I saw more in the war than I wanted to. When I came home, I decided on a new path, but the old path was still strong."

This seems to be winding down. Zunkir will get dressed and head back in time to catch the end of the football game, while making sure Kirkun is taken care of.

Min will remain and follow Cameron a little the rest of the evening, talking about his past.