07.10d In the Way, Out of the Way

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.10d In the Way, Out of the Way

Post by Joshua »

For lack of a better explanation... Min (Father Stormroar) will explain the aspects of scripture and wording that tipped him off... It's not that hard to follow, if you have Amber Psyche or Warfare... or know a lot about theology... but... it's subtle. He's positive, however.
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

"Ahh. Subtle, but... yes, that he's keeping that detail hidden is quite worth investigating."

Rasanam thinks for a moment, then adds, "Which means I'd prefer a more subtle approach; not haring off right now, and perhaps a bit of acting so it looks like we've dismissed your concerns. Let's see... if we do want immediate investigation, we could ask... who's not here... Oberon, or Quinn, or send a message to Spellbinder? Or it looks like Harrune and Aibne have just ducked out of sight, too."
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

"I suspect we should leave Harrune and Aibne; they have some things to discuss regarding politics that I don't think I'd want to interrupt. Quinn and Oberon have been around enough that they might, once presented with the idea, see patterns in their experiences in the past. Spellbinder is the exact opposite; he's new so can be expected to blunder around a bit. Heck, even I could pull that off; it seems to be something I do naturally." He gives a weak smile to Min at this, knowing the minotaur has seen him do it plenty so far.

"Though we may also want to start with the first question: How far does the Church extend? I mean there are churches here, but... are there others in other shadows, near or far? That might be important to know, too. Is this just local?"

He pauses for a moment, considering. "Actually, we might be able to find out the answer to that without tipping whatever it is off. You had an interesting idea there, using the Pattern as a looking glass. I felt that on my walk, just before flinging myself off into deep Shadow. It might at least be able to tell us if it extends past Amber directly.."
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam nods. "I know that can be done without actually walking the Pattern - I've seen Dworkin use it that way - but I haven't yet been able to work out the trick to it myself. So the issue there is that we'd need one of the more permanent Patterns if we want to go looking now. Maybe we should ask Oberon? I seem to recall him having some interest in ways to use Pattern; he might find it a worthwhile thing to try."
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

"Either that or find someone who is already about to walk a Pattern and ask them. Harrune, I suspect, might be a good candidate provided he wins the challenge he will face later..." Cameron seems thoughtful on this, then nods.

"That should work, and will keep things at least a bit restricted in who knows what's going on..."
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

((OOC: Remember that Ht'gon's pattern does not exist most of the time; the soonest Harrune can possibly walk it is around noon the next day.))

Rasanam nods. "That works for me. Lane has been around for a while; waiting another day until Ht'gon's Pattern is visible again probably won't matter. Would you like to let Harrune know, or shall I?"
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

((OOC: Isn't it Tir'na's Pattern that vanishes?))

Cameron shakes his head. "I'm not used to this sort of thing and might miss mentioning an important detail that he might need to know. Not to say I shouldn't learn, but this sort of hunt doesn't seem like the wisest opportunity."
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam shuffles out Harrune's card and starts to focus on it.

((And yes, Tir'na's Pattern vanishes, only showing up once a month. Ht'gon's shows up once a day, though ideally you want to walk it on a cloudless day. Details can be found in this post.))
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

((OOC: running the trump conversation here, because it seems unlikely that this thread is going to move much until the conversation is done.))

Once Harrune accepts the call, Rasanam thinks at him, Sorry to bother you, but Cameron and I have something we'd like to ask of you, regarding your upcoming walk of Ht'Gon's Pattern...

Rasanam will lay out the current context, as well as what he and Cameron are hoping Harrune can do. All of this is listed previously in this thread, but here's the quick summary:

Father-Confessor Lane is, secretly, in service to an actual god (or something he thinks is a god).
We'd like to investigate - see if there's anything interesting in his churches, see how far the church extends outside of Amber. Find the 'god' and take a look at it.
We'd like to do this discreetly; the notion (and why we're contacting Harrune) is to use Pattern Lens to look around, rather than conducting a physical investigation.
Which, given that we're not Dworkin, means someone walking a Pattern and then looking out from the middle of it rather than immediately teleporting.
And since Harrune is planning to walk Ht'gon's pattern anyway...
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Harrune drinks that all in, thinks for a moment and then responds.

Lane may well have a point. Asai and I just encountered a couple of entities that might be his god...or at least allies of it. Just to be sure, Harrune recaps the visitation. Learning more about them would no doubt be a wise thing. As for the Ht'gon Pattern, Morgana has asked that we wait on that until after the festival. If we decide not to wait, the Tir-Na Pattern should be accessible to night. I should be able to walk the Rebma Pattern at any time without additional political repercussions. Sneaking onto the Amber Pattern would simplify things for me in some way, but complicate them in others. And of course, there's no reason we can't look more than once. We should consider trying to do the same to learn more about these Hivers when we get a chance too.

Aibne was taking me to some event that he wants me to see. We got a bit sidetracked along the way. Once that is done I should be free to give it a try.