07.10b: Noble Diversions

The goings on of courts
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Re: 07.10b: Noble Diversions

Post by Wyvern »

"That, at least, should be preventable."

She nods politely to Ossian as the elf returns. "Speaking of curiosity, have you had a chance to talk much with Odin yet? What do you make of him?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Ossian shakes his head. "Not yet. Odin seems interested in what Dworkin is doing and retrieving something that was taken. I'm not sure which side of that we should be on. I guess Dworkin's, but I don't like not knowing the situation and being forced to choose sides."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"Reasonable," Alys comments. "And acquiring a better understanding of the situation is certainly a worthwhile goal, whether one has chosen a side or not. If there is anything there I might be able to assist with, you are welcome to ask."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Ossian will think for a while, observing some strange runs. "this land they are from has some interesting rules. Still, millennia of history can rarely be distilled easily. Do you think Odin's accusations that Dworkin is a criminal are ... valid?"
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"No. But then, I had my own objections to the prior status quo; someone who considered that regime to be valid might reasonably be expected to give you a different answer." Alys shrugs. "I suspect the closest thing to an unbiased opinion you are likely to find is from Dworkin himself."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Unfortunately, honesty without context is the worst kind of lie." Ossian will state. "Elders are difficult like that." He will pause... and give Alys a look over, a clear examination for potential as an elder fae. "I think I understand though. The context is part of the challenge. Well, I suppose I need to find something worth trading for it."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys shrugs again. "Pattern is supposed to be quite good at finding things, if you think it worth your time to look. Until then, suffice to say that a millennia in Chaos would only bring you to the edge of recent history; the last time someone cast down a ruling clan. They built their politics on a faultline's edge, and their current troubles were - one way or another - very nearly inevitable."

"Not," she adds with a sigh, "that that makes the current mess more palatable."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"A dynasty that lasts a millennia is a volatile one?" Ossian will ask, rhetorically. "How are we supposed to ever handle something of that immensity?"
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys gives Ossian a look that clearly says 'you're joking, right?'

When it becomes clear that he's not, she asks, "How long do you intend to live? ...I will give you time to think on that; it is not a question to be answered lightly."

She nods politely at Pluto, "A pleasure meeting you, Pluto; I look forward to working with you."

And, while there is still plenty of time for parting comments from both Pluto and Ossian, it is clear that Alys is intending to depart momentarily.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Looks like they're going to get into a discussion of literal vs effective immortality and agelessness. Not a concept Ossian had considered.