07.10b: Noble Diversions

The goings on of courts
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Re: 07.10b: Noble Diversions

Post by Wyvern »

Alys shrugs. "I would not worry too much about Daq; with the level of skill he has chosen to demonstrate this evening, Odin should easily best that time."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Ossian will shake his head. "I suppose it's time then." he will say, hefting his spear over his shoulder... "I'll be back shortly." He will say before making his way to the obstacle course.

Pluto will look at Alys. "So... while he is gone... Did you have any questions? Like why we don't let the others know we are here and remain in mystery?"
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys nods. "That would be a good starting point, at least."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"That's easy. Petty squabbles are not needed. Those who can rise above are worth respect. Those who can't, are still living in their home shadows, not here." The roman (human...) will shrug. "It is a simple reason. They don't see us because they are wrapped up enough in their own conflict they are not seeing beyond it."

He shrugs. "You are strong enough to ignore them. Although, you do tend, apparently, to the affairs of dragons. Still, can you step beyond that to the defense of the fort, of the others as well? Your training program seems to say yes."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys shrugs. "I will play favorites when it pleases me to do so. I will not let that get in the way of getting things done - and by and large, those I choose to favor will be those who contribute to my goals. For example, Blitz and Grim," she gestures toward the announcers, "who have managed to create a small island of unity amongst the larger conflicts of their kind."

"I should also clarify, since it has not yet been adequately demonstrated, that my favor - however it is gained - does not come for free. I will expect proportionately more of those I choose to support. Those who do not keep up will not hold my interest, and those who actively seek my favor should be aware that their lives will not be made easier should they succeed."

"So," Alys moves on to the next question*, "You consider yourselves above the rivalries within Ht'gon.** What, then, do you consider to be worth your efforts?"

_____
* Though, given the back-and-forth nature of posting, this doesn't mean Pluto has to give up on the previous thread of conversation - as long as he also answers the new question.
** If Pluto also means to say that the Wyld Hunt is above the rivalries between the four courts, now would be a good time for him to clarify.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"There's some major monsters in the surrounding forrest. Thankfully the sea is kept clear by Rebma, although we do help there when we can." He observes as Ossian makes his run. "The hivers you talked about seems interesting. I'll get the full details later. So, mostly larger dangers to the shadow."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys nods. "A good - even necessary - starting point. And once the known dangers have been reduced to routine?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Pluto laughs... "Not sure. Perhaps you could help with that. Still, it is a while from now. Perhaps getting it started is good."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys responds with a snort of laughter; "I suppose I should not fault you for giving much the same answer I would have."

She watches as Ossian makes his way back over after his run of the obstacle course, timing her next question so that Ossian can at least hear it. "And, out of curiosity, what do you make of Harrune's plans?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"A pattern's a pattern. So long as the court doesn't go nuts, I'm okay with it." Pluto will answer.

Ossian, however, will grumble... and prevent himself form saying anything. A slightly scorched area will appear where his spear touches the stands.