07.10b: Noble Diversions

The goings on of courts
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

07.10b: Noble Diversions

Post by Wyvern »

After assorted private discussions, Alys (perhaps with Kizak still in tow*) makes her way to where Ossian and Pluto are talking. If there's a reasonable break in the conversation, she'll offer appropriate introduction of herself (and Kizak if he's present); if not, she'll start by simply listening.

_____
* I seem to recall something a while back about Kizak wanting to talk to Lyra? Which could be a good excuse for him to not be present... or could be a good excuse for Lyra to be present, if that's the way people want that to go.
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.10b: Noble Diversions

Post by Joshua »

(OOC: Let's say that happens.)

Ossian and Pluto are discussing artifacts and treasures. Ossian is debating on if his reliance on them might be reducing his skill growth. Pluto is offering high prices for Ossian's spear, although he does not expect the Amberite to agree.

Cerberus will look over at Tinder*, if he's around. A little territorially, but mostly sizing up the newcomer.
________
*: 2 heads for Tinder, one for Alys.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"Probably not," Alys responds to Ossian's concerns. "At least, not at the level I have seen you demonstrate; much below that and it might have, though."

Tinder, meanwhile, trots up to greet Cerberus with his usual friendly demeanor - wagging tail, cheerful "rraAau", etcetera. If there's any territoriality there, it's well hidden - and, indeed, if Cerberus does decide to try and establish dominance, Tinder is likely to treat it as being clearly just a game.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Pluto will smile, "Ah, the great Alystrakos. I've been hearing a bit about your plans for the city and Ht'gon. It is good to meet you. I am Pluto, formerly Dis Pater, previous God of Commerce and the Underworld, but as you know that matters little here. I really dislike the full title, it wastes a lot of breath. So, please, just Pluto." He will pause, realizing he co-opted the conversation and back off slightly. "Anyhow, I agree, Ossian is doing a good job with his skills. Perhaps, it is more of the lesser powers that is taking to much of your time? Conjuration... Useful, but that's what you have minions for."

With the conversation showing Pluto is not threatening Alys, Cerberus will go do dog things with Tinder.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys nods politely and offers a hand. "A pleasure to meet you, Pluto. You may call me Alys."

"That," she adds in response to Pluto's hypothesis, "is more plausible. But not necessarily a bad thing; conjuration on its own may prove to be of relatively limited utility, but, say, conjuration backed by Pattern? That should be capable of feats no amount of skill at arms or mental prowess would allow. ...Of course, the converse* is also true, and as to how to combine such powers, or what exactly** the result might be capable of... I have no useful insights there."

_____
* The converse being that high warfare/psyche also allow feats that cannot be replicated by simply having the ability to combine Pattern and Conjuration.
** There's a side implication here: while she doesn't know exactly what a combination of Pattern and conjuration might be capable of, she can probably guess at some broad categories of possible results.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"I suppose." Pluto will offer. "Matters of Pattern are beyond me. Perhaps, not my understanding, but definitely my ability. I am hoping to remain relevant by offering what I can." He will shrug. "It is interesting that all my experience means so little here. Kind of exciting."

Ossian will shake his head. "I am not sure. It hardly seems..." He will cut himself off. "Such frustrations are beneath me. Dworkin has put a challenge in front of me and I do not know the rules. I suppose there are things I can attempt, perhaps face the dawn tomorrow."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"I would not," Alys says, "completely discount the value of experience. There are times where insight can trump Power, especially when one does not know the rules. It can be particularly difficult to learn when not to use power..." Alys trails off, looking thoughtful, as if remembering some past mistake that she does not choose to share.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Ossian will shake his head. "No, it's not fatal, so it's time I learned. That's something Harrune has not done." He will grip his spear tightly as he leans on it. He will catch himself... "Are you okay, mi'lady?"
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"Hm?" Alys gives Ossian a puzzled look, and then, "Oh. No, just memories of times and places far away from here. Bits of history I would rather not see repeated."

She pauses a moment, and then changes the topic. "I hear you're planning to run the obstacle course. What do you think of it?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"I'm debating on putting in a good show or trashing it." Ossian will explain*. "That jerk Daq shouldn't have the best time, but I don't want to show up Ht'Gon. I don't know why I let myself get talked into it."

"Because you were goaded by what you perceive as failure." Pluto will answer. "That, at least, is obvious. You wear it like heavy chains."