07.10b: Inertia

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.10b: Inertia

Post by Joshua »

"He is a dear man, and in some ways you are still a child." Morgana will sigh.

"Have you tried testing your ability? Have you thought about it? Do you have any idea what your own abilities are?" She asks. "Maybe you need something real, some actual danger, or someone to protect. But think about it. How strong are you?"
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

"Strong enough, I guess. But it's not about strength." He frowns a little and bites his cheek. "It's... I'm not... a leader. Not the way the rest of you are. I just..." He looks down, ears pressed flat, arms folded behind his back. "...are you going to hit me again?" he asks quietly.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Morgana will blink... "You know, most rocks would have cracked at a hit like that." She will shake her head. "No, not going to hit you again. I thought maybe... it would get you to realize you're strong. And if you don't want to be a leader... then don't be. Let Alys and myself and Lyra handle the specifics. We'd love to have your help."
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

"I already knew that, though. Of course I'm strong. But the strength I have..." He looks at his paws and frowns, biting his cheek. He shakes his head a little. "I will do what I can. Please, let me know what you need." He bows deeply, looking down when he stands back up.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Lyra found that after the walk of the pattern, her abilities were enhanced. Perhaps you should find a way to test yourself. As you are now... Perhaps, as you should have been without the fae mound?" She shrugs. "It's likely the pattern has undone whatever curse you held, however... It likely locked your form. I know you've never expressed a desire to change back, but... It's possible that is no longer an option."
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

"I..." He frowns a little and nods slightly. "I've found that a lot of things are easier. Like, stories. I can remember them more clearly, tell them better. Even use them to walk there. Or to walk to someone in the story, even if they're not... close." He frowns more, looking at Morgana. "I... don't think Alys can do that. I don't know that most can. As for being human again..." He sighs a little and shakes his head, giving a tired smile. "It's alright. I think I've almost forgotten what it was like..."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Well, walking to stories might be something Rogbar couldn't do." She says... and sighs. She puts a hand on Aibne's shoulder. "It isn't fair, but you have skills that others don't. That might be why. We are here for you. You're almost like family."
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

He nods a little and ducks his head. "Yes, my lady," he says, breathing out slowly. "I'll..." He blinks a little, before smiling at Morgana, a little shyly. "I'll see you at the speech? I'll probably give it before the main event."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"I would not mind you being family." Morgana corrects, and gives Aibne a hug. "Don't measure yourself against Rogbar. Find who you are and measure against that." She will smile back. "Of course, I will be there for you during your speech."
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

"I-I should go prepare." The gears rare turning, and he smiles a little, ducking his head. "Thank you, Morgana," he says, before heading out of the room, walking in the direction of the announcers.

(with a minor side-trip*.)