07.10b: Inertia

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

07.10b: Inertia

Post by Joshua »

Morgana is finally done yelling at dwarves, orcs, goblins, and is dismissing everyone from her throne room as Aibne arrives.

"My friend*," she will say, "I hope you are doing well. Elevation can be a difficult thing." She will smile warmly at him. "I have to admit, after being hunted and hated most of my life, being in charge is quite unsettling."
Draylen
Lunatic

Re: 07.10b: Inertia

Post by Draylen »

The big bear pauses a little, looking around as people leave, giving a low bow. "My queen, my apologies. I hope this is not a bad time," he'll start, shaking his head slightly. "I am... managing. Carefully." He frowns a little, giving a slight sigh. "You have heard, I presume, of the challenges soon to be presented to Harrune?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Of course. Although how Rogbar heard of them so fast, still surprises me. Anyhow, while you are only recently an Amberite, you are very well known and respected within Ht'Gon. Because of that, I had hoped a challenge from you would carry enough weight to stop these assassins." Morgana will sigh. "Life should be more precious than it often is."

She will smile. "Did you have an idea for your challenge?"
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

"I did, and it was Lieutenant Rogers that had told us." He shakes his head a little, nodding slightly. "I do, actually. I was thinking about doing an oratory challenge. It's..." he pauses a little. "I... might actually not make it a challenge, as such. Not a competition." A smile starts spreading on his lips, nodding a little. "Yeah, that could work..."

He shakes his head, clearing it. "Anyway, I uh... I was wondering if I could talk to you. About... being an Amberite, amongst other things."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Of course." She will say, getting up off her throne and walking over to you. "What's on your mind?"
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

"Just... I don't..." He breathes out, trying to calm his thoughts. "I guess, the first question is, how are we chosen?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"According to Dworkin, the* Pattern threw potential to walk it into shadow when it was drawn. He said it attached randomly. However, my guess is that it selected nobles. If you look at Ht'Gon, Alys and Cameron, Lyra and myself; we are all more... cultured than typical for our race. Perhaps that applies to you?"

Morgana will think. "You were also chosen a second time. Dworkin may have forced you because he realized you were... complacent with your position and would not seek the pattern out?"

Post by Draylen »

He shakes his head. "I was nobody before I walked into the Faery ring, and then was nobody when I got dug out. I was a skald to a small village, recorded the stories of the heroes there, and just... lived. Fought with my brothers and sisters in arms when I had to, worked with the druid, entertained for the chief when other heroes and other skalds and other druids and other chiefs visited on one pretext or another."

He shakes his head a little and sighs. "I guess. I didn't want to. I still think it should have been Rogbar. At least he'd be competent at this sorta thing."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Morgana will pause for a moment. "I was a witch. A medicine woman by a small village. I was not ready to lead when I got here. But I learned. As for Rogbar... Forgive this, but..." Morgana will wind back and give Aibne a punch in the head. Not a playful smack either. It only takes a moment, but you can easily overpower her as she 'only' has Amber Strength.

"Have you tested your skills against Rogbar? He may have more experience, but you likely have more raw potential."
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

He winces as Morgana hits him, ducking his head in submission. "I-I haven't, no. But, that's... I don't..." He shakes his head a little and sighs. "It's not about skill. It's about ability. He's just better than I am. He wouldn't need to be having this conversation with you..."