07.10a: Eye in my Sun

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

07.10a: Eye in my Sun

Post by Joshua »

(OOC: Title from lyrics. Not sure how appropriate the song is, but... perhaps.)

From before.

After he is alone, Harrune (and maybe Asai) will find where he was is much closer to the entrance into the mountain than previous. The entrance is changed, smooth walls framed in marble form a corridor beyond the opening.
misfit
Raving Mad

Re: 07.10a: Eye in my Sun

Post by misfit »

Harrune thinks to himself (or speaks quietly if Asai is there), "Well someone or something wants me here. No reason to disappoint it." He will begin approaching as stealthily as he can.
Veyska
Lunatic

Post by Veyska »

((See previous disclaimer.))

...and then lands atop a boulder (or branch, depending on what the ground cover's actually like here. (We're outside to begin with, right?)). Her eyes are bright and her tail flagged. If Harrune is being (understandably) wary, Asai is being quite curious and fascinated. She does manage to keep her tail under control as she follows Harrune towards the entrance though, which is rather remarkable.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

The entire entrance is both redesigned and deserted. Hints of what was there show through, more as a shadow of the original, but the white marble is new. After about five or so minutes, you pass a doorway that opens into a hallway about 20 feet across, lined with mirrors. The corridor you are in does continue.
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

"I think it would be best to avoid the mirrors if we can. It would be difficult to remain unnoticed there. Speaking of which, it might be wise to become invisible if you have a spell for that today. It may be pointless, but on the other hand it might give us an element of surprise when we need it."

Harrune will take a moment to activate Pattern Defense (which he should have before but I forgot to mention it) and then continue down the main corridor.

Post by Veyska »

((Hanging out with Benabik and a local mutual friend until well after midnight > my intentions of posting last night. *cough*))

Asai gives Harrune a faintly disappointed look before muttering quietly under her breath and then poking the Cani with one claw*. A second or two later, Harrune fades completely from sight. At about the same time, Asai fades from notice. Not sight, notice. She's still there, she's just no longer important seeming, just a part of the ordinary background and completely irrelevant. There's a reason for the difference between the two effects, as Harrune will notice in a few minutes or so...

(*The muttering was a spell. The poking was just her poking him. :lol: )
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

After a short distance further, there is another doorway that opens into an identical hall of mirrors. This door is on the other side of the corridor, (which does continue further, past the door).

Actually, it's fairly clear this is the same hallway you were in. A sort of three-dimensional Mobius loop.
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

"Well the only options are through the mirrors or go back...if that truly is still an option. I've come this far, so..."

Harrune cautiously enters the Hall of Mirrors....
Veyska
Lunatic

Post by Veyska »

The unimportant bit of irrelevancy following Harrune mutters something about string but no string is actually produced*.

(*No irrelevant string is produced either.)
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

It doesn't take more than a moment to notice the mirrors are not reflecting the room. More are what-ifs and landscapes. Libraries and lush farmland are in a few. None currently show people.

After another few minutes, a strange, hollow, man-sized insectile carapace* will walk towards you from the end of the infinite corridor of mirrors. Not just empty, the shell has been broken in patches revealing tendrils and eyes within**. You have a bit before he gets there, although, you can simply talk to him and he will arrive.