07.10a: Eye in my Sun

The goings on of courts
Draylen
Lunatic

Re: 07.10a: Eye in my Sun

Post by Draylen »

"REally? huh. That's... definitely weird. I'll have to ask around, I"m sure someone has had an experience like this, and even if not, this'd make a great story. Where'd Asai go, anyway?" He shakes his head a little. "Although that's not important right now. The main event will probably start about when we get there... do you think whatever wanted you two is done with you guys?"
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

"I suspect it will never truly be done with us. And since they allowed you in, that likely includes you as well. Are they done with the current conversation? I suspect we could answer that just by trying to leave. If we are allowed to just walk out then they are done for now."
Veyska
Lunatic

Post by Veyska »

Asai blinks a few times, stretches and yawns, and then fades fully back into view. As chance would have it, she happens to be positioned behind Aibne and takes advantage of this to rise up on her hind legs and 'imperiously' tap Aibne on one shoulder. "I see how it is," she comments when he looks over, "you like dogs more than cats." Her eyes are dancing with laughter and it's quite clear that both posture and tone are in jest (would be even if Aibne wasn't a skald*). She then peers around him to look at Harrune and comment, "Whoever it was that was eavesdropping on Rasanam's trump call to me has vanished. Use of also in that sentence is entirely optional and up for debate, so I suspect at least for the moment we're free to go. The entity here does seem to translate its thoughts through whatever it's manifesting as, and it's reflection of Headmaster Darre mentioned that the 'pep-rally' was waiting for us and I'd assume that's referring to the festivities at Ht'gon..."
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

Aibne jumps and apologizes profusely about the slight. The amazing part is, he actually means every word - not that he prefers cats over dogs either, but cats and their cat-like ways are imperious creatures even when they don't stand on two legs and cast greater magics than you can actually comprehend*. Also he very carefully avoids pointing out that his eyes slid over her, following the universal law of Women and Cats**.

-----
*Only figuratively. Aibne can probably cast most-if-not-all of the things Asai can with at-least-a-significant-fraction-of-power. But he doesn't know quite how it works, partially because of his magical upbringing and partially because he's not super creative about things.

**No excuses. No reasons. They're angry at you, even if you don't know what happened. Just apologize until it sticks.***

***Only mostly joking.
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

"Eavesdropped on a Trump conversation? I didn't think...well, no matter." He sighs heavily. "Well, I suppose I should get back if I can." With that he heads for the exit...
Veyska
Lunatic

Post by Veyska »

Asai gives Aibne a very deep and thoughtful look before abruptly blowing a few bubbles* at him. She then winks**, and turns to follow Harrune out of the room.

(*Perfectly normal bubbles, just like what you'd get with a bubble wand and some soapy water. Just they're appearing more or less out of thin air.)
(**Asai is a cat with a cat's sense of dignity and ruffled feathers. But she's also self-aware and finds the same sorts of slip-ups hilarious that people always laugh at in cat videos, some of them time even when they're her own. Point being, she's willing to manipulate her own dignity at times if the end result is interesting and/or worth the effort.)