07.09r: Elder Signage

The goings on of courts
khadjair
Lunatic

Re: 07.09r: Elder Signage

Post by khadjair »

"You know, thinking on it... spies sounds more likely, either that or targeting Aibne specifically. Osmund and I spent over a day, local time, in both my home shadow and where the minotaurs came from, and ran into nothing like that. Of course, we didn't tell anyone where we were going or why. We didn't even have a specific destination in mind when we left. So either it didn't know we were going to be gone, couldn't track us, or isn't/wasn't targeting us. All of which are good things to know."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"Plausible," Alys replies to Cheknou. "I could certainly imagine a creature composed of mental energies considering the right word in the right place a greater threat than, say, the reduction of its homeland to ashes."

"I do not, however, see that Aibne has any particularly unique vulnerabilities... but it is quite plausible that he - or more likely I or Tinder or Priscilla - are uniquely trackable in ways that the rest of you are not. And that might be vulnerability enough for an entity that does not seem to understand that even can be outclassed."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

"Just because we don't see them doesn't mean they don't exist. Granted, I don't consider it likely, but best not to blind ourselves to possibilities. That kind of attitude tends to come back to bite you sooner or later."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Rogbar will think and ponder. "What is different between Aibne, who was attacked, and Cameron, who wasn't? Aibne has walked the pattern more recently. Aibne has stayed in Amber and not left for many years. Mi'lady Alystrakos, your abilities are unique, that is also a possibility. Two opposite powers walking together?" He ponders. "Isolate individual traits and explore? I suspect my normal method of being captured to get the enemy to reveal his plan will not work here."

(OOC: Might I suggest, break here? If something is important you can add it as a "have had said" sorta thing... Or run them in parallel.)
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys nods. "We have relatively little knowledge of Hivers so far, but I suspect getting captured would not work to our benefit. And," she nods to Cheknou, "It is wise to remember that what we think we know can still be wrong."

"As such, I believe I have taken up enough of all of your time. Of course, if any of you have other topics you wish to discuss with me, you are welcome to stay."*

_____
* OOC, we can still add things in as a "This was discussed off-camera" if need be. But I think that continuing speculation here would serve little purpose.
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

Cameron looks out at the field for a moment, then blinks. "Hmmm. I should probably go mingle a little. And check on something I just noticed. Most of you know how to reach me; speaking of which, do any of you know what Darnell might be up to? Or at least the best way to get on his calendar?"

"Besides, Osmund and I should be seen about. I still have about a year of absence to make up for, and it needs to be clear that Osmund has a legitimate place in the courts.I anticipate a couple runins with warrants that are no longer in force."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys gestures out the window. "It appears that he is drawing a picture of Ashara. And the best way to get on his calendar is probably to walk up and ask him."
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

"Well, I'm not sure there's much more to add here; I should go see how things are going, and see if I can track down some other curiosities." Cameron looks out the window, and down at the field, seeing what looks like a couple familiar figures in place.

"Osmund.. I think you'll be safe on your own here, and you know how to find us if the need arises. I've taken up so much of your time lately. I suspect I'll run into you at.. I'm guessing there's a feast or something tonight."

and with that, Cameron heads off down to where the obstacle course is set up