07.09o: Current in the Crowd

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

07.09o: Current in the Crowd

Post by Joshua »

After a while, Rogbar will lead Aibne through the crowd to settle in the bleachers. "My friend, I heard that Harrune's life is in danger. But, we can help him with a proper showing of strength." He will smile. "And he needs an Amberite, and a well known one to be that challenge. The newcomers, they can give challenge, but you are known. Your voice has great weight and I think you need to use it."

He will give the bear a little hug. "I know we can make it work. After all, you have me on your side and I've made kings out of less."
Draylen
Lunatic

Re: 07.09o: Current in the Crowd

Post by Draylen »

Aibne shakes his head. "I don't want to be a king, though, Master. What use has one such as I for a crown of gold and a giant throne dedicated to making me look intimidating and imposing? I don't want to be that way." He sighs a little and gently pats the cat's back, looking down. "And I don't know if I'm really the right person for any challenges. I mean, I'm just me. Cameron leads the orcs, Alys is a princess in and of herself... I'm just me."

He frowns a little and looks down. "Sorry... I just..." He shakes his head a little. "I don't know."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Then don't... Besides, you get to be better than a king. You're a prince... Which means you get most of the power, with none of the responsibility. You'll be able to focus on what you want."

He raises an eyebrow at Aibne. "You know that Cameron did that accidentally, right? And, a princess is... well, just someone who happened to be born at the right time. You paid for and earned what was given you. That puts you ahead in many ways."
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

"I don't want the power. It's... you don't get it," he says, sulking. "I don't want it. I never did. I just wanted to be..." he sighs, closing his eyes. "I just wanted to be what I was. and you... let me, mostly." He shakes his head a little and sighs. "This is all... too much. I feel like my story isn't mine anymore. Not that it has been since I got brought here..."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Rogbar will get on the bench in front of you (being about two feet shorter than you makes looking at you this way easy). "Then take control. What story do you want to tell?" he will reach out and take you much larger paw. "This is me. Tell me what you want to do... forget what you were, forget what you are... what will you be?"
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

He sighs a little, but looks at Rogbar. "I... don't know. Maybe I never knew. I just wanted to go and collect stories... legends... things people told themselves in times of need, and bounty... I don't know." He breathes out slowly, closing his eyes. "I guess... I just want to be accepted... I know that I am, but..."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Rogbar will blink... Look at his hand and instead step onto the bleachers next to Aibne and nip his ear.

"My friend, you have the power to go and collect any and all stories you wish. To listen to any story you want, to find any story you need. You have as much bounty as you desire. If you want to earn it, do you know all the trouble we've had getting into and out of Amber? You can fix that. You have the power to do all of that." He will gesture grandly while attempting to shout some sense into the bear. "Only, you get to do it a free man. You were chosen to be a great man. You have always been one, but now, you get to live it."

Slowly he will sigh. "It is a lot to take in. I understand. But... You are not alone. You will never be alone. And if you ever lose me, you can find me again." he will pause. "Please, snap out of this." He will settle down next to you.
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

He sighs a little and gently hugs Rogbar. "If I have to," he says, before letting the little cat go. He frowns a little, thinking. "I just... wish it was you. You deserve it more than me," he mutters, shaking his head. "You'd be better at this than I am. Just... all of this."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"My friend, there is very few things I would not do for you." Rogbar will observe. "One of them is let you wallow in self-pity."

"We will start you slow," he smiles. "Perhaps the Obstacle course will help. Get you moving."

Due to this law, Lieutenant Rogers (the goblin) will run up and explain a little of the challenge that Harrune will be facing.

"Actually, that would be perfect.." Rogbar will say in a tone that implies arguing with him is futile... "We should check with Lyra to see what she is planning."
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

The bear looks suitably chastised, and frowns a little. "Yes, of course. Thank you, Lieutenant," Aibne says, saluting the goblin. "I don't... want to fight him, though," he'll say to Rogbar, frowning. "I guess we'll have to see what Lyra's planning."