07.09m: Off to the Side

The goings on of courts
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Re: 07.09m: Off to the Side

Post by Wyvern »

((OOC: That sounds unpleasant enough that I think I won't even go look it up. And no worries; real life >> some silly forum game. Glad you're back, though!))

Seeing her presence acknowledged by Cameron, Alys approaches to conversational distance - though she's still got whatever Power it is active, and is watching Osmund with the sort of attention one might expect of a hawk trying to decide if a particular snake was or was not poisonous (and thus was not or was food, respectively).

"You wished to speak to me?" she asks of Osmund. "On what topic?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"I think Harrune already spoke to you about it... I told cameron about having Ht'Gon offer proper challenge to defend its pattern." He gulps a little. "That was all that I mentioned."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys nods. "Harrune did, indeed, mention something of the sort. Which leaves me with what I wished to speak to you about. You have a number of criminal charges pertaining to attempted entry to the castle. You have gone to some length to," she nods to Cameron, "curry favor with the local royalty. And you have found something Real out in shadow. I find this combination... slightly worrying."

"So. Three questions: What are your intentions towards Amber? Have you had any contact with Odin or anyone Odin brought with him? And," she looks at Cameron again to indicate that this question is as much for him as for Osmund, "Has anyone mentioned any of this to Dworkin?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"I'm here to walk the pattern. No, and..." He will turn to Cameron... "Not unless you have...?"
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

Cameron shakes his head. "Given how things with Dworkin and I went my last visit, I don't know that I would tell him his room was on fire if he were still sleeping in it. No, I admit for once it's nice knowing something that I'm fairly sure he doesn't. And I've mentioned it to no one; I'm curious about how this all works from a mechanist's point of view at least. And this seems like it might tell us something more about how Pattern works."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"Walk the Pattern. And then what?"

Alys pauses a moment to allow Osmund to answer before responding to Cameron.

"While I can understand the desire to put one over on Dworkin, this may not be the right time or issue to do that with. Which brings me to what I wished to talk to you about: Aibne and Asai and I encountered something out in shadow today that thought itself as a threat to Amber. I will," her gaze is still entirely focused on Osmund, "omit further details for now, except to add that, were it to gain any sort of Real power - even a lesser one - it would be largely correct."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Be real." Osmund will state... then force himself to add, "I am a small-time mayor. I believe I can make the change to help the larger city. I've worked in a group before."
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

Cameron snorts a little but seems concerned for a bit. "Then we can talk later... I have to ask, the family directory*... Do you believe it to be secure? I don't mean from Dworkin but for what you've hinted its not something I'd see any benefit to holding close where he's concerned."

He starts fishing through his sack for his sketchbook. "I have a feeling it will be a good habit to get a likeness of everyone I interact with any more than casually. Time to become an art student again..."

* - he's trying to be clever referring to Trumps that way.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"I would like to think so, but am unwilling to bet on it - not all have treated it with the level of caution I would have suggested." Alys looks thoughtful, tapping the fingers of one hand against the back of the other. "Actually, that might be something ask Asai or Rasanam or Darnell about - what 'Hivers' might be able to accomplish given even temporary access to such a resource."

"As for Osmund... If you wish to claim responsibility for him, then I will not force the issue, but I think it would be wise to bring him to Dworkin's attention sooner rather than later. It might even help him with his stated intent; Dworkin is said to be able to See who might survive the Pattern... and while what I See suggests he might, I would not wish to bet his life on that."
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

"From just the name the thought there terrifies me. We should be more... Careful. In general. Especially where that is concerned. I wish I knew more how they worked myself."

He rests a hand on Osmund's shoulder. "He has been invaluable to me, and while I would draw way too much glee from knowing something Dworkin doesn't, I doubt it would remain that way for long. So much as I regret the thought... That might be the wisest course of action. But I will not make that decision."

He turns to Osmund for a moment. "If you wish it this intensely, we can go see Dworkin and I will see you safe to him. Beyond that I cannot say, though I would do my best."