07.09m: Off to the Side

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.09m: Off to the Side

Post by Joshua »

"I think you can figure it out. Perhaps it would be a four person elimination? Or round robin, or... the goal was a show of strength to convince the clans. The rest is details." His hood flattens against his head briefly.

"I'm sorry to pull you away from your conversation, but this seemed important. It would be that the first real action you would take as a true prince." He looks at you... "The first for... any of you really, I think."
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

"No, you were right to. This is important, and how we handle this, well... will reflect how things like this get handled in the future. We set precedent with this, so we should do it right. I'm suspecting the details will need to be talked over in a closed council. We should at least have that right."

"Also, in case I haven't said it before, or even today, I really appreciate you helping me through all this. I'd be utterly lost without the help you've given me so far."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"I will do what I can... sir..." he will blush slightly through his facial covering. "It seems that Alystrakos is being told by Harrune. Perhaps Aibne or Lyra would be a good person to speak to about this next?" He will look over. "Seems Lyra is free at the moment."
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

"That sounds reasonable. Though Alystrakos did wish to discuss something with me as well later; I should like to not lose track of her." He pauses for a moment, considering. "I realize this is an odd statement, but... what would be the proper term for a high-born companion and assistant? I'm wracking my brain but it is not coming to mind... and would you take offense if I offered you the position, on a strictly part-time basis, I mean? It's not like you're not already doing so."

Cameron is taking his turn to blush a little, and is clearly trying to avoid causing offense.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Count," he will respond. "Unless you mean seneschal or majordomo? What duties did you mean?"
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

"Mostly what you've already been doing for me. Preventing me from formenting open rebellion, getting myself killed, starting another land war in Asia..." He pauses, then shakes his head. "Sorry, a joke from home. You have been tutoring me in all the things I need to know to not get people seriously killed... wrongfully, at least. And I do very much appreciate it. And sponsoring you as such would give you some official rank of sorts. And it would be a declaration that you were under my protection... for whatever good that might do, since you are a far more accomplished fighter than I am, and I am as adept at politics as a fish is with a cutlass."

"I just wanted to put that out; you had mentioned meeting with others. Is there a place we could do that without disappearing from the field? I suspect me vanishing from these festivities would cause a bit of a row as well, especially with the orcs. Who I suspect are still uneasy with someone as.. effete as myself as their leader."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"The crowd is a good shield. Alternately, there are several places free from eavesdroppers..." He will gesture at a few places among the bleachers. "One could duck into one of the private booths, but I'm not completely sure how to get up there. There are a few tents setup... But, if you want to be visible... I'd suggest the places that are public but quiet."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys, having by this point finished her meeting with Ashara, approaches - pausing at a distance where it can be seen that she's on her way, but not so close as to interrupt whatever conversation may be ongoing.

I'm not entirely certain how noticeable it is at this distance, but she does have her sensory Power active, and is looking over Osmund with it.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"If you'd like, we can invite Alys, or give her another time to meet..." Osmund will state.
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

Cameron blinks and nods. "Sure, there were a number of things I think that need to be discussed." He snaps back, his attention having drifted off for just a moment.

((OOC: gastroenteritis is unpleasant. I highly suggest avoiding it at all costs. Sorry for the delay in response))