07.09l: Rights and Privileges

The goings on of courts
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Re: 07.09l: Rights and Privileges

Post by Wyvern »

Alys shrugs and nods. "If you knew enough to ask about an avatar, I am not overly concerned about the rest."

"Harrune, did you have something you wished to add to the conversation?"
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

Cameron nods to Osmund. "If you'll all excuse me a moment..."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Harrune very self-consciously steps forward. "Ummm...add to the conversation? Not as such. It will be more a distraction I'm afraid."

"Uh, I see we have some people here that I haven't met before. I am Lord Harrune Tharassa Tyrnath Reran. This is my wife Fillane Lorera Tyrnath Powyn, and her brother Alaror Lorera Tyrnath Powyn..."

Fillane touches Harrune's arm. "You're stalling husband."

Harrune sighs. "Yes, I am at that, aren't I? Very well. Lady Alys, there has been an...incident*...and it has highlighted the need for me to make a show of strength if I am to be respected at all in Ht'gon. You can expect an invitation to participate as a noble, as can Cameron, Lyra and Aibne. As ruler Morgana is exempting herself. I apologize for interruption and any inconvenience this may cause you."

*Harrune is obviously trying to avoid letting all of the details out in front of those not of Ht'gon. After all, Morgana is spreading an official story so Harrune doesn't want to muddy the waters with the truth. He assumes that Alys at least will be astute enough to catch that.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys listens, head cocked to one side, and then nods. "That all seems... not unexpected. And, while encouraging a better understanding of the Pattern does have some value..." She tilts her head to the other side, "I think it best if, for now, I withhold decision on whether or not to oppose your plans."*

_____
* Translation: Alys wants to see Harrune succeed... but thinks she could probably wipe the floor with him in the sort of challenge that would earn him respect from the inhabitants of Ht'gon. However, that's only "probably", and if she can (perhaps after seeing him fight against other challenges?) come up with something that would work out reasonably well for all concerned...
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

OOC: I'm not entirely sure if this thread is finished or not, so I've gone ahead and made a new thread for Alys' intended meeting with Ashara - which she would like to get done with before Osmund gets back. People are welcome to follow her into this meeting, or not, as they see fit.
Spellbinder
Missing Some Marbles

Post by Spellbinder »

After a moment of awkward silence, Kevin will step up to Harrune and offer his hand. "Since no one is making introductions on our side, I guess I will. This is Kizak. I am known as Spellbinder. I am new here, and following Oberon's advice I am meeting at least of some of the key people hereabouts. Your name was certainly on the list. Ruler of Tir-Na Ng'oth as I recall. Of course, I'm sorry." Kevin bows to Harrune.
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Harrune accepts the proffered hand. His shake is firm but not an obvious display of strength. When Kevin finishes, Harrune returns the bow as well. "There's no need for that I'll wager. Welcome. New here, and Oberon is already asking you to make the rounds? I can guess what that means. I can also guess that you've already met Quin. Have they made you walk yet or are they giving you a chance to catch your breath first? Spellbinder? Is that your name, some sort of title, or something of both?"

Turning to the dragon, he says "Kizak. I saw you in Rebma last night, but we didn't get a chance to talk. Things got a bit...interesting. I hope you are doing well here."
Spellbinder
Missing Some Marbles

Post by Spellbinder »

"Uh, some of both I guess. How do I explain this to someone who doesn't recognize the cultural reference? Well, I'm a superhero. We're people with exceptional abilities who are kind of unofficial auxiliary law enforcement. ...and search and rescue, emergency services and generally whatever our powers let us do to help people. It is traditional, but not really required, that we keep our identities secret and use a code name. Since I use sorcery I chose the name Spellbinder. And yeah, I've met Quin. He was waiting at the docks. Everyone seems to take it for granted that I will walk the Pattern, but I'm keeping my options open for now."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"Oh, so something like a Quaestor or Inquisitor?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Kizak will ask, "A knight errant? A landless person with chivalrous powers granted authority by an absent or foreign ruler?"