07.09k: Shifting Topics

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.09k: Shifting Topics

Post by Joshua »

Odin shakes his head. "That's..." He will sigh. "This is not a simple explanation. Still, Rasanam, you should definately take your own advice. I am thinking... the previous power, I always saw them as the same power. Perhaps they were not." He will finaly shrug. "It mixed will with sorcery. yours does not seem to do that all that well."

He will shake his head. "There is an issue... but now is not the time to go into it. When your abilities develop, it will come up."
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

"It* is certainly not a straightforward combination, though some of us are working on it." Rasanam drops Pattern Defense, adjusts some of the settings on the clockwork device hanging from his neck, and shifts back to the armored drake form he was using before. ((One lynchpin (magic-of-shadow) spell, "shift to the form specified by the settings on this bit of gearwork".))

Then he looks back up at Odin, and gets a slightly puzzled expression. "Hm... I hope you don't mind if I try something here..." And steps over to Lyra, rearing back on his hind legs to touch his wife on the arm, and casts another spell. ((Same one lynchpin, mental shield for self & target touched.))

_____
* "It" in this context meaning "combining Pattern and sorcery".
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

Lyra carefully keeps an eye on Odin as Rasanam enacts his spell. Once he's done she steps forward to give him a brief kiss, using the motion to mask her subtly interposing herself between them. "It's still rather new to the both of us so practice is definately in order."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

The effect is not as clear. The spell doesn't block whatever Odin is doing nearly as well as the pattern did.

"I would be willing to offer what I can. Still, I would be mostly guessing. Whatever that is, Dworkin believed it was worth the destruction of his home to create." Odin will shrug.

"It seems stress is running high. Some of your answers were not what I expected and are quite different than what I have heard before." He will sigh. "Or experienced myself. Anyhow, I should return my horse and see what the next event it. I am debating on doing the freestyle toss, but... it seems rather silly."
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

"A lot of the events are silly, but silly can still be fun. Just enjoy the festivities." With a glance to her husband, she adds "We appreciate your offer" and gives Odin a bow.
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam offers Odin a polite bow as well (having paid far more attention to his wife's kiss than to the subtle warfare behind it and being, himself, not actually upset at anyone). "Tomorrow, then. Any further demonstrations of Pattern will have to wait until we're a fair distance out, anyway."

Once Odin is gone, he turns back to Lyra. "Interesting conversation. I think I'm just as glad that we don't live in the sort of culture he seems used to, though."

((OOC: And I think that's mostly scene? Can continue with conversation between Rasanam and Lyra, but I don't think there's likely to be too much more happening in this thread.))
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Lieutenant Rogers walks over from Rogbar and Aibne and steps up... "Sorry to bother you, but Aibne and Rogbar were hoping to talk to Lyra about a matter... Well, have you heard of Harrune's challenge?*" He points them out, "Would you be willing to talk to them?"
Lunatic

Lyra turns to the goblin. "Challenge? I don't think I've heard anything about that. I'll certainly go talk to them." She turns to Rasanam, "I'm quite glad as well. Hopefully we can ferret out some more details about the origins of this place soon. I don't like feeling like we've been mislead or missed something important. Well, let me go see what Rogbar and Aibne want. You're welcome to come along."

Assuming Rasanam will soon be otherwise occupied, Lyra will give him a kiss then follow Rogers off to speak with the bear and cat.
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam starts to follow, and then notices a particular raven flying towards the area. "Actually, if you don't mind, I think I'll go talk to Fjolnir; I asked him to look into finding a place I could stay in the city."

He gives Lyra a kiss, and then flies off to talk to his former familiar.

((OOC: I seem to see one or two people that specifically want to talk to Rasanam. So removing him from this scene so he's easier to flag down for whoever gets to him first.))