07.09k: Shifting Topics

The goings on of courts
Rasanam
Lunatic

Re: 07.09k: Shifting Topics

Post by Rasanam »

"That seems reasonable to me. If Lyra doesn't have any other plans, how about..." Rasanam will suggest a place and time to meet; details can be worked out OOC later.
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

"Sounds like a plan. I'm looking forward to it!"

Once plans are worked out, Lyra will ask "So why wouldn't fliers from your home come here? Is it that they wouldn't want to because it is so different or would it be physically imposable?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"There are many issues, from the different physical laws to the near impossibility of getting here." He will state. "And you are an aggressive hostile nation that has committed an act of atrocity so grand that it cannot be forgiven. At least, Dworkin has and he is your ruler, correct?"
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

"I'm not really sure what he is. I know he made this place and had a hand in gathering people to live here but I haven't seen him act as a ruler really. If he had a strong opinion I'm sure people would defer to him but each of the Courts has their own leader that just does their best to lead those in their own Court as well as work with the other Courts to make this place better as a while. Why exactly do you call this place a hostile nation? Any harm that was caused in the creation of this place is no fault of the people living here."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Except Dworkin, as previously mentioned," Odin corrects. "Billions dead in open warfare over succession, we have discussed this before, have we not?" He will shrug. "I suppose it was what we deserved. Perhaps we will recover stronger for it."
Krajk
Needs a Guide

Post by Krajk »

Finally breaking into the conversation*, Krajk will say, "I've often found those who bleat about punishing others for the sins of their fathers do so out of a desire to not have to do the hard work on their own. Thinking creatures seem to fall in love with thinking at the expense of doing when it is the picking up of pieces that is more important." An infinitesimal twitch of one shoulder, and then, "Then again, beast though I may be as often as not I don't know that I'd be quite so philosophical on the other end of things, though I suspect my aggravation would be more on the principles and precedents of the matter than with regards to any lost homelands or cultures."

(*He's been lurking and looming (at the same time, it takes practice) to dissuade orcs and whatnots with a few too many drinks from bothering Odin or himself.)
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam sighs and shakes his head. "I rather doubt any group could deserve what you've described. The question at the moment, though, is what can be done about it - you've mentioned trying to recover the power your people lost, but from what I've seen of history, wars don't tend to simply stop when one side acquires overwhelming force."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Odin will eye Krajk. "This isn't a sins of the fathers. This is Dworkin. He's sitting right there..." He will gesture. "And thankfully, I do not subscribe to that notion. Still, there are a lot who are."

He will turn to Rasanam. "We will adapt. Perhaps we will regain. I am not sure. At the moment, the great distance between our camps might be best. Not letting any word of Amber get back."
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam shrugs. "That would be up to you, at least until someone else bridges the distance."
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

As people have been continuing to discuss matters back and forth, Lyra had been looking slightly confused. After a moment however, she speaks up. "Lord Odin...I'm pretty sure noone's brought up anything previously about billions of people dying. At least not in my presence. And I can't imagine such a horror being deserved. I think it would benefit us all to know exactly what happened, though perhaps this isn't the proper location for a full explanation."