07.09k: Shifting Topics

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.09k: Shifting Topics

Post by Joshua »

(OOC: Wow, Thankfully Odin's mind is not on that line...)

"My clan, millennia ago, devised it as a form of tandem fighting. One handling movement and the other focusing on attacks and tactics. Of course, Once the basic ideas were developed, the Ferelar clan decided to enslave non-sentient wolves for use as mounts. Still, we are one of the few who understand the importance of an equal in combat. Then they created the centaur form... although, I do prefer the original ways. Still, both are useful." He can talk about this topic in length, including areal mounted combat... He also is familiar with wall-crawling mounts, aquatic mounts, and other experimental symbiotic mounts*...
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam grins happily at Lyra's approach... and then looks momentarily uncomfortable as he tries to work out the appropriate physical greeting when he (stuck in a quadrupedal form unless he cancels his shapeshifting spell entirely) is about half her height.

He settles for pressing his head against Lyra's side while listening to the discussion, eventually chiming in with, "Safety measures for an aerial competition shouldn't be that big a deal given time to prepare. I think the more interesting question is, who and what would the competitors be? We don't exactly have that many large flying creatures around - a few gryphons out in the woods, but finding and taming them would be a task and a half. And the non-living joust demonstrated some of the issues with engineering, here. So I'd have to suggest that we bring mounts in from shadow - but that still leaves the question of exactly what we would want to bring..."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Odin will shrug. "I don't think I've ever seen an orc or goblin on a flying mount*..."

He will bow lightly to Lyra. "It is good to see you again. Not many have the true gift of shapeshifting here. It is a talent to be nurtured."
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

Lyra smiles to Odin. "It's a wonderful gift truly and I do intend to nurture it, though I'd have been satisfied if all it had allowed me was to become a dragon. I'd love to see a skill based challenge like tilting for rings only in the air. I'm sure Jiga would love to give it a try. As for fliers for next year, I'm sure there's some creatures in the woods that might be interested with the proper motivation. I suppose it gives me further motivation to see if there's anything I can do to make the woods safer by seeking out some of its more reasonable or trainable inhabitants. Bringing in more fliers works too, though some may just show up on their own by this time next year."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Odin will nod. "I suppose. It is too bad our realities are so different. it would be interesting to bring some of the flying members of my home here for that. It is also interesting to see a world that has not grown too far. Perhaps that was one of my home's sins. We were anything and everything. We annexed too much and invited too many for our primal shadow to hold. You import many people and creatures, but do you truly know what is here? What you are replacing with these immigrants?"
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam looks up from where he's been sketching assorted flying creatures. "That's a good question - I've been meaning to do some exploration, but haven't had the time yet. Though there have been no reports of sentient native life."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Odin will open his mouth to say something, then pause and say something else. "Where I am from, we assume sentience first. With all the shapeshifters it is simply easier. Perhaps that is something that should be explored. If you go while I am here, I would like to accompany you."
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

Lyra's been enjoying her food and beverage she's recently acquired and is eying the vendor debating whether to have seconds. "I'd certainly be interested in checking out the surrounding area. It's something I've been curious about for a while and just haven't found the time to look into. I don't see why you couldn't come along. I'm sure Alys and the guards would be very interested in a more detailed report of what exactly is out there. I'd also love to hear more about where you're from as well."
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam nods. "Do you know how long you'll be staying? We could certainly schedule something."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"No idea." Odin will admit. "Perhaps tomorrow, before the meeting at Tir'Na Nog'th? That would give us some time to explore and to get back. At the worst, we could be called back through those trump cards of yours."