07.08a: Green Ham and Eggs

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.08a: Green Ham and Eggs

Post by Joshua »

"Then it's settled. We do that today." He thinks. "Time will be an issue, but if these cards work as they seem to, we can let Morgana or someone call us back before the feast."
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

"That... should be fun.. I guess? It always took me a long time to get where i needed to - I walke some pretty rainy night here and there, where it would'vebeen really nice to have someplace warm to sleep..."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Osmund nods and bows before heading out to make arrangements with Morgana, allowing you to finish breakfast.

He returns in a strange steam-punk outfit complete with strange backpack and two gun variants. "Well, Morgana will trump you when it gets close to the tournament. That way we're guaranteed to be back in time for it. Now... We need to use one of your cards to teleport out. What do you have that's not here?"
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

Cameron begins to flip through his deck, fingering the cards and looking them over. "I've never actually gone through these fully. I'm not even sure where they all go, to be honest..." He look at them an blinks. "the artistry is quite amazing..."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"How is it that Krajk already has a card? I mean, him walking the pattern was a surprise, wasn't it?" Osmund asks.

"Uh... wow... That's everyone." He will look at it. "So, uh... how about that one? That doesn't look like a place in Amber." He says, pointing at your home trump. As a reminder, it's subtle, but the picture is clearly upside-down.
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

Cameron sighs. "try as I might I will never leave that place. That is... "home". But it will definitely put us far and away from Amber. Quite far and away..." He stares at it for a moment then shakes his head. "It's... inverted. I wonder if it is accidental, mocking, or purposeful for something beyond what I can understand. Knowing Dworkin, it might be all three." He grunts a little. "At the least, I can see how things have fared in my absence. Maybe I will have been declared dead instead of simply a deserter. Or a traitor, which is what I was in the process of becoming. Perhaps the Tsar won the day at the end. I can only hope."

"Before we go, though... Why do we have to go away from here to do what it is you want to do? I know nothing about these talents and... I realize that weakness will be the death of me if I don't work to fix it, and quickly."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Surely on your way back you noticed? Big changes are easier where it's less real. Here, things are fixed. They have inertia." He thinks. "I suspect this is the original. The other places are what-ifs... So, here, there's only this place, there, you can go to other what-ifs."

He shrugs. "Ready then?" He will take hold of the trump card.
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

Cameron thinks for a bit and nods. "I think I understand. Somethign abotu why they're called Shadows, I suspect. And no, I hadnt noticed... I caught a glimpse an just flipped past. I didn't really want to thinka bout what I left behind, though really... a lot has changed."

He takes a momen to prepare - pulling on a rugged travelling kit o well-worn leather. "Now I'm ready. I've never used this to walk this way."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Well, we can just use it as a starting point. Once we arrive, we can immediately leave. Uh... one request... May I please hold onto the trump of you for this trip? Jsut the trip..." he takes a breath. "That way, if we get separated... You can be sure you've found this me... not someone who looks like me."
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

Cameron pauses, then nods. "sure. I guess that would be a potential problem if you can find anythign you imagine..." He thumb through his deck to pull out his card and hand it to Osmund, since he doesn't need it; in fact he suspects this is why he'd have a card of his own in the deck. "I guess I'm ready. I seem to remember.. you have to hold onto me when I do this..?"