07.07a: Within Wheels and Wheels

The goings on of courts
khadjair
Lunatic

Re: 07.07a: Within Wheels and Wheels

Post by khadjair »

Cameron is knocked a little by the concussion of the explosion of energy that hit Osmund and tossed him back. He shakes his head to clear it, turning to see Osmund crumple against a wall. Without thinking, he hurries to the mage's side, kneeling own, checking first for a pulse and wakefulness, then checking for broken bones, cuts, etc. he's not a trained medic beyond field first aid, but has tricks he can use if necessary.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Osmund actually has fairly poor endurance. He's good at not taking hits, but when they happen they do lay him up. thankfully he just had the wind knocked out of him. He will cradle his head, hood still hiding his face. "Uh... Is... did I miss something?" He will get to his feet shaking.

Ossian will ask of him, "What was that?" Then grumble, "Later, we will talk about that later. right now, I'll get this guy to the-" He will pause. "Crap, all crimes forgiven... To... the..." he will walk over to where Corystes and Krajk are talking, but will make a point of not interrupting whatever Krajk's response it.
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

Cameron still cradles Osmund to make sure he is well - and is careful to not remove his veil overmuch, knowing he is very private about his appearance. He lean in close, in a near whisper. "is that what... your broken pattern looked like? I saw something before you were hit. It looks like Harrune's suspicions may have been correct as to the danger posed. I wonder... can you even walk more than one Pattern?" He tries very hard to keep his voice down, watching events unfold. Osmund is still under his protection, after all.
Krajk
Needs a Guide

Post by Krajk »

Krajk will freeze for a moment as Corystes returns. "Just keep that bloody kraken bait away from me while I'm on duty; next time he pulls something like this, I'll help..." From Krajk's tone of voice, it's clear he doesn't mean helping in a helpful sort of way either... With that, he finishes making his way out of the air pocket and shifts into shark as he hits the 'water' proper. Ossian may find it curious to note that not only does the wereshark not go out of his way to be angry at him again he actually angles his departure slightly to clear the way to Corystes at an incrementally faster rate.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Osmund nods. "Yeah, when you look through the center lens it manifests. The tendrils are for psychic contact. Doesn't your pattern do that?" He will ask. "I wasn't expecting them to explode like that. Maybe it's because mine is less real?"

In the background is a short conversation that includes such lines as: "Why did he carry the siren on the pattern?" "Why was he on the pattern in the first place?" and "What do you mean 'We were fighting a group of insurgents.'?"
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

Cameron considers. "I haven't been taught much of how to use it, so.. maybe? I caught a glimpse so I guess it's a similar sort of thing. I.." he pauses and listens, tilting his head. "And it seems like we've walked into some -very- interesting politics here. In the "we don't care if you renounced your citizenship, you're in our army now" sort..."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"He's... Rebma because he walked that pattern? and you're Ht'Gon because that's the pattern you walked?" Osmund asks/confirms. "I guess we should find some time soon to experiment, huh?" He sighs. "I don't know who to trust here."
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

"It may be best to talk with Harrune once he's done. I don't know what this means - this would be the second Pattern he's walked. If he survives... he may have more insight on these things." h shakes his head, looking out into the watery spaces. "I'm just a mechanist. A smith. This is all well over my ken."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"But, you are a ruler now. With near infinite power. It is whatever ken you say it is." Osmund will state. "This place is very small, but it affects all things."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Harrune appears before Cameron and Osmund. He visible sags with fatigue. He's not in the "ready to keel over at any second" range, but walking the Pattern always takes a toll.

"Well that was...interesting. Definitely a few differences and definitely a bit harder. The Veils are definitely different. It will take a bit of time to sort it all out. What of the other two? I lost sight of them in the Veils. Did they survive?"