07.06f: Underwater Ball (Musician's Lounge)

The goings on of courts
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Re: 07.06f: Underwater Ball (Musician's Lounge)

Post by Wyvern »

Alys smiles back and gives the bear a friendly pat on the arm. "Oh, don't worry, I've no intention of going easy on anyone at tomorrow's festivities..."

To Priscilla, she just shrugs and says, "I certainly won't stop you; the worst I'll do is suggest that introductions might be in order. I am Lady Alystrakos Obsidia Sybaris."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Priscilla bows. "I am Priscilla. I design fashion, and I was hoping to talk to someone else who suffered from a..." She will again fiddle with the clasp on her shawl. "I just thought, since someone like that was elevated by the pattern, I just..." She will bow again. "It is difficult for others to understand."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys peers intently at Priscilla (and Aibne will recognize the same sensory power she used just after he walked the Pattern). "What, are you..." Alys trails off, the power she was calling on vanishing in an eyeblink.

When she continues speaking it's much quieter, pitched to carry no further than Priscilla and Aibne. "Oh. Selkie. Of course - you're looking at experience*, not condition, and the laws in the city are... insufficient protection without a powerful patron or two. I take it Rebma's a bit more organized than that? Or... how long have you been here?"

_____
* Specifically, the experience in question being that of having been a slave. And since slavery isn't illegal in Amber (yet, at least), and there's no over-arching legal system beyond "appeal to an Amberite", Priscilla pretty much can't risk going into the city - if someone from one of the guard groups (or rich enough to buy off the guards) took her shawl, she'd be pretty well stuck.
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

"I, um... well..." he says, frowning slightly. "Have you seen any crazy old men running around? That started it for me, at least..." he rubs the back of his neck, before touching his throat slightly. "It's... yeah. It's... something to get used to, even if my Master didn't expect me to wear a collar or dance. Dancing bears, psh." He shakes his head a little, folding his arms slightly. "If you would like, we could take this discussion to a more private place, where you could speak freely. Alys would be willing to chaperone, if you needed it, I'm sure."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys nods. "I could do that."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"It is okay. His reputation is..." Priscilla says. "I may not like Rogbar, but he does keep honorable companions." She looks actually scared of Alys, much more than her concern over Aibne.
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

The bear blushes a little and has a brief, wry smile as he glances at Alys, gulping slightly, before relaxing and nodding. "Ah, yes, of course. Pease, ah, let me find ou a chair..." he says, glancing about for any kind of unoccupied seating, preferably simple but comfortable. Something catches his eye quickly and he walks over to one of the far walls, stacking a trio of chairs and dragging them back. He unstacks them, sitting down in one smoothly, gesturing for Priscilla to do the same if she'd like.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Priscilla settles down into one of the chairs... still shying away from Alys. "Perhaps... it would be easier to discuss this elsewhere? It was a difficult time in my life, and I just thought to connect with someone who went through something similar." She will look at Aibne. "I thought it would be easier to share scars."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"That is an... interesting... notion..." Alys trails off with the slightly pained look of someone who's remembering things that she'd really rather not think too much about.

There's a long, awkward pause followed by, "On second thought, I really do need to have a chat with Corystes. I hope the both of you can find whatever reassurance you're looking for."
Last edited by Wyvern on Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

"I, um, uh." Aibne is obviously stumbling over himself, trying to backpedal. "Y-yeah, uh, sure, I guess," he says, obviously uncomfortable at the mention of showing his scars for some reason. He looks at Alys, his eyes almost pleading with her to stay, extremely nervous. "I-I mean... uh... i-if you want... i-it's fine..."