07.06b: Underwater Ball (A Dance with... Well, you know...)

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.06b: Underwater Ball (A Dance with... Well, you know.

Post by Joshua »

"Please forgive me, but one avoids such things by not being alone with dragons one does not know. Still, that leaves us with few options. Why don't I explain this to Ashara? You can be there," He offers.
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam looks over at Lyra for a moment before turning back to Kizak and nodding. "That works for us. Though... Ashara hasn't arrived yet, has she?" Then he'll find an appropriate servant and ask for a private meeting with Ashara, Kizak, himself, and Lyra, "whenever within the next few hours would be least inconvenient for her."

((Edit: talked to the GM, clarified who is expected to be at that meeting.))
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

(OOC: This apparently ate my post...)

The young servant bows, (A young nymph, lightly clad) and she runs off. Returning after only a short while. "Ashara said whatev-" She catches herself. "Ashara believes the best time would be before the ball. If this is of true importance."
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

"Thank you; one moment while I extricate my wife, and then if you could lead the way?" Rasanam will make appropriate polite excuses to help extricate Lyra from her conversation with assorted people that had been hanging around Kizak, then follow the nymph to meet with Ashara (that makes meeting number three this evening...)
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

The nymph bows when the time is ready, and will lead the three of you through the deeper parts of the city. After about five to ten minutes, you come to a ornate set of double-doors, sculpted out of the largest coral you're likely to have seen.

They open into a huge chamber masterfully decorated with stained glass that lets the glowing light of the underwater filter in. (Sort of like floating streetlamps.)

On a raised platform opposite the entrance there is a pair of metal-wrought green-copper and gold thrones set with pearls of various hues, black, white and a giant purple one at the top of the ruler's throne.

The steward is a very elfin looking nymph, wearing a very formal white dress, and a headdress that accentuates the pointed ears and gill-like structures on her head. She bows and walks across the room to greet you all. "Greetings and welcome to Rebma visitors from Amber. I am Ashara, steward of Rebma. What needed my attention?" She asks the group.

Assuming you let Kizak answer, he will say, "It is a matter of dragons, and how they are where I come from."
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

Lyra steps forward with a polite curtsy to the steward. "Greetings Ashara. It's a pleasure to finally meet you. While there are a few things I'd wished to discuss with you, the matter at hand is that my presence at the ball was disturbing another of your guests. I certainly didn't intend to put anyone off with my attendance and would like to address the issue to Kizak's satisfaction and put any of his concerns at ease. To that end, perhaps Kizak can explain to you why I've upset him so." Lyra glances at the dragon briefly but only for a moment, not wanting to make him additionally uncomfortable.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Kizak will sigh and step forward. "Please forgive the rudeness of this Ashara, but I am told this is not the case here." He takes a breath. "The land I come from, dragons... well, we have difficulty developing. It takes centuries to grow wings, develop a true breath weapon, and similar. Except for a single shortcut, practiced but never spoken of."

Ashara will gesture for him to continue.

"We... can draw... significantly more strength from each other..." The dragon falters a moment, speaking of this topic is the worst of all taboos, worse than the act itself. "From the flesh of our kin, than from any other source."
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

Lyra looks a bit horrified at this revelation. "So you thought I...Kizak, I was born a half elf. My Draconic heritage really only came awake once I came here a month ago. It was Pattern and the magic of this place that woke the latent possibility in my blood. That's all. I'd never harm a dragon except in defense of myself or those I care about."
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

"That is..." Rasanam speaks with a slightly brittle tone, "Definitely not how things worked where we came from. Whether it's a relevant concern here... There are, to my knowledge, no native sentients, let alone dragons, which means no basis for comparison."

He thinks for a moment, then adds, "Actually, you should consider talking to Morgana. Because, on second thought, the relevant concern is more whether someone might think that would work - we get people from a wide variety of planes, and some could have... unfortunate customs. And I'm sure that's something she's spent some time thinking about how best to deal with."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"I'd rather not... test this. It is dreadfully shameful." Kizak gulps. "Please don't make me explain the rest. But, the process is fatal."

He looks at Lyra. "Such, isn't possible where I come from. But, you're clearly a dragon... It's..." He lacks the ability to explain how he perceives this with less than an hour long dissertation. He makes a go at it... but I am not thinking of how he fails miserably. The short of it, it's some sort of innate intuitive sense.