07.04c: Meetings and Reflections

The goings on of courts
Rasanam
Lunatic

Re: 07.04c: Meetings and Reflections

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam shrugs, and takes a seat on a chair carved and painted to resemble a living tree, spreading his wings for a moment before re-folding them around the chair. "That sounds like one of those koans to which the answer is 'everything', though I suspect it has a bit more meaning than most of those do. Regardless, I wouldn't let pondering it distract us too much from the immediate tasks before us."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"What if that's where the castle goes?" Cassandra will ask.

Finally Ossian will arrive. He's still holding his spear from various previous events. "Where? Were we going to find out?"
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

"Greetings Ossian. Yes, finding out where Tir'na Ng'oth goes is something we have been discussing. Rasanam and I have both expressed interest in spending a day there to see what we can learn. It would also let us test what effect that has on Trump and Sorcery. It should be educational...assuming that we come back". Harrune laughs.

Harrune sniffs the air a couple of times. "I hope that your chat with Dworkin was fruitful. I would say that mine was. In fact that discussion is making me eager to learn more about the peculiar nature of our castle. Perhaps we should compare notes when we get a moment. There is a great deal going on. I would have to say this is shaping up to be the most eventful winter festival yet."

"It looks like everyone is here. I would like to start soon if we could. I intend to keep it brief. But if we have things to wrap up first, then by all means do." Harrune will help himself to something to drink and a few small things to snack on and then grab a seat at random.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Cassandra almost looks triumphant as Harrune sits down... then frowns. "Lucky guess..." she grumbles. This frown grows larger as more people select proper seats (since just about everyone here has either good stuff, or lots of psyche/warfare).

Darnell will nod. "Yes, I heard tell of a knight. The castle guards were called."

Ossian will place his spear out of the way and take a seat last.
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

"Then perhaps we'll understand it better after visiting," Rasanam replies to Cassandra's question.

Other than that, though, he seems content to wait for Harrune to start the meeting.
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

"Very well, then I suppose we should get this started. I would like to keep this meeting short if possible so that we can all enjoy the festival. I intended to bring up some complicated issues. I don't expect quick easy answers, so all I ask is that we all think about it with an eye towards resolving the issues at a later date."

"So far, everyone has done what they felt necessary and best for Tir'na Ng'oth, but there has never been a coherent vision of what we were trying to build and never a structure for making it happen. I would like to see that change. I have been granted the title of Ruler and I do not want that to be an empty title. I want to be able to use that to benefit all of us. I have no desire to be an absolute monarch ruling from on high...that isn't the Cani way. A Cani leader makes the big decision, then he delegates to those best suited to the tasks at hand. He empowers and mediates disputes, but he allows his people freedom to carry out their roles as they see fit. He trusts them to do the right things."

"I would like to vary that a bit. My thought is to have a council, starting with those invited here today, then adding more as need. We discuss, we decide what needs to be done, then we assign it someone capable of doing the job. That someone may be one of us, or someone else as appropriate."

"That having been said, I would like us to create a plan for the future. I have always been a bit dissatisfied that our Castle is only available half the time and we have to claim space from another court for ourselves. Dworkin has challenged me to keep our castle here all of the time, but that will take a great deal of study before that could even be tried. I am willing to take that challenge on, but that still, that leaves us with two very big questions: what do we want Tir'na Ng'oth to be and how do we make that happen?"

"So, are you willing to face this challenge with me? Can I count on you all to help?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Everyone is willing to at least nod a basic agreement.

Ossian will raise an eyebrow afterwards, "So... did you need our help for the castle?"
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

"Hm... Could we actually fit everyone into the castle? I'm not sure. I think maybe I should go find a place to live in our affiliated district in the city; learn a bit more about what we have already. Tomorrow, though; I expect to be busy for the rest of today."
Veyska
Lunatic

Post by Veyska »

Asai gives her head a vigorous shake, finally returning her gaze and her full attention to the gathering at hand. Despite what her seeming distraction might imply, she's clearly been paying attention as she pipes up with, "I suspect if we can master Tir-na No'gth enough to keep it manifested at will, we could manage to fit everyone in one way or another. Castle Amber's geometry is sometimes rather flexible, after all..."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

"Well, this trip into the castle will be a fact finding mission. We don't know what happens, let alone how to change it. It may be quite some time before we find an answer there. Ossian, your help would be welcome. I think it might be wise if Asia an Darnell stayed behind so we can test Trump...and to have someone who can mount a rescue expedition should one be needed. I am open to other opinions on that though."

"In the mean time, do we continue as we are, annex part of the city and make it our own or establish a place outside of the city? Even if the castle was a viable option right now I don't think all of our people thrive there. Some need more time in nature.". Harrune sighs. "As I said, no easy answers here."