07.02a: Moonlight Walk

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.02a: Moonlight Walk

Post by Joshua »

Fillane does a good show of not flinching at the admonishment. She smiles lightly, "Please forgive my assumption." She transitions to magic relatively smoothly. "In my world, an effect like that would take a divine decree. Some of them are more amusing than others, but usually since we knew we lacked the ability to undo what a god has created, we had to work with them. If you wish to hear a story during our walk..."

(OOC: She's rather well trained in the matters of court and has a decent (but unranked) psyche. Her intentions are genuinely to entertain you if you desire. She's a little disappointed in herself at getting the catnip wrong, but is trained to simply let it go and offer something else.)
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

"I'd love to hear a story" Lyra responds pleasantly, taking Rasanam's hand as they begin to follow Fillane.

(Not that I expect a dissertation or anything, just answering to progress the conversation. Of course if you'd like to tell us a story anyway...)
Veyska
Lunatic

Post by Veyska »

Asai's ears flick back slightly as she reads Fillane's unspoken hint of distress. After Lyra responds, Asai will pipe up, "The offer is greatly appreciated though, even if I've no real interest. Most simply offer me whatever alcoholic refreshments are present, and there're few of those whose taste I appreciate, or nothing at all. Some even offer me milk, thinking me more catlike in tastes than I am, though to be fair I'd prefer the milk to the mead, so to speak. And I too would enjoy a story. The moment I stop learning, even if only the silliest of tales, is the moment I cease to be me." Her eyes bright with interest, Asai drops back down to all fours as the small group sets off.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Fillane will relate "Flokin and the Baker" (p54 of world tree book). She's a good storyteller, and is more than willing to explain little things like who Flokin is, and what a sleeth is... etc...
Veyska
Lunatic

Post by Veyska »

Asai will laugh and react in all the proper ways*, and then when the story is over comment, "While I have to admit, being able to talk to one of the creators of the world and of magic would be absolutely fascinating, I have to admit growing up with a magic system that didn't depend on the whims of another being, however benevolent or well-meaning they might potentially be, sounds a bit less chaotic. Reduces the chances for shenanigans to just what capabilities mortals have, and if younger members of your home shadow's races are as much like humans as they seem to be in broad sorts of ways that's plenty shenanigans enough to cause all sorts of trouble." The last bit is followed by a rueful chuckle.

(*Asai bids high Psyche to make Fillane feel better about her performance as a host of sorts.)
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Is't that what Dworkin is?" Fillane will offer, timidly. "I expect talking to him is similar. On the other hand, there are lesser gods an greater gods, so when Harrune talked with Reluu it was a much bigger deal than the baker talking to Flokin. If you wish, Flokin does like to greet new guests to the World Tree, although... It's probably would not be a good introduction, he is overly protective of the realm. Although, likely with good reason."
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

"Which makes for an interesting contrast - where I come from, 'gods' are all too common, and none of them can claim responsibility for creating the world, or its magic. Some of them do anyway, of course, and... when your continued existence is tied to people believing in you, I can hardly blame them for trying to foster that belief with a few lies." He shakes his head. "I've been considering ways to make the system better, but it's hard to come up with an improvement that doesn't involve destroying most of the ones that exist."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Harrune will come back down to the garden and catch up with the group. His step stem light and his tail is wagging behind him.

"Hello again everyone. I hope you've been enjoying yourselves. I've had a very insightful chat with Dworkin. He has given me a great deal to think about. Fortunately there is no real rush on most of it. I am thinking that perhaps I should see about some sleep though. The next few days are going to be busy so I may as well grab some sleep where I can and be fresh enough to enjoy it all. Forgive my comings and goings, but unless I am needed I will wish you all a good night."

(OOC: If someone wants to stop Harrune, he will stay to chat. If not, he'll leave and move on to the next day's activities. Whether Fillane and Alaror stay or go is up to Joshua...unless of course someone wish to talk to them and keep them there a bit longer.)
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Perhaps two excursions are in order." Alaror will offer. "If it's not too much trouble though..." HE will bow lightly.

Fillane will add, "Yes, and unless we are also needed, we should probably make sure Harrune gets proper rest tonight."