07.01l The Seventh Winter (Mercenary Matters)

The goings on of courts
Draylen
Lunatic

Re: 07.01l The Seventh Winter (Mercenary Matters)

Post by Draylen »

"Indeed, my Master is truly wise in the ways of love," Aibne says, quitely trying very hard to ignore the strange old man that fell out the chimney. His fur is prickling visibly though he tries to smooth it back down. "Hmm... Maybe I can..." he says, fiddling around with the harp a little, idly plucking strings harmoniously.
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

"I'm not so sure, certain types of courting take advantage of the innate drive for pity in the partner. Showing a little blood can spark conversation or care. Or so I've heard."

While he's been talking, he's absent-mindedly cleared a little space next to his plate, and out comes his own notebook, a blank page easy at hand. Anyone looking would recognize a fortress, architecturally, an imposing edifice with fine work inside. He's drawing it cut-away, showing the passages within the walls, and the support structures behind. He doesn't seem to be paying overmuch attention to the work itself, his attention clearly elsewhere, his food left half-untouched.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Dworkin will head over, causing a number of the goblins to cringe... He will rummage in his bag, "One for you..." He will say handing a package to Cameron. "And one for you..." He will say, handing one to Aibne. "Congratulations." "Oh yes, and one for you..." He will say handing a third to the Raven. "Be careful with it."

It's more a whirlwind gift giving and vanishing act.
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

Cameron will regard it suspiciously, like it might contain vipers or a tax lein notice, then unfolds it slowly to look at the deck inside. "Thank you," he'll mutter, mostly sullenly, then begin to leaf through, recognizing some likenesses. He'll pause when he comes on his own, regarding it for a moment.

"How in the hell did he get the likeness so good? It's not like I was available for reference..." He'll be stuck looking over the card for a while.
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

The bear snaps out of his reverie, looking at the silk bag. He grumbles a little about tiny crazy old men, before staring at it. "I don't..." he sAys slowly, frowning deeply. "Master... Should I?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Rogbar will look at Aibne. "My friend, this is a great occasion. If that bag contains what the others have, it means something has gone right for you. You will be free." He smiles. "You will also be free to take my advice and in a position to help out the company, if you choose. You will not need to do it out of debt, but out of your sense of belonging and friendship."
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

Cameron, flipping through the cards, takes the occasional glance up and about the room, recognizing people, places, then returns to his card to the top, looking at it. He's studying details, turning this way and that.

"Well, that tears it - I guess someone doesn't like that I was able to walk away quite so effectively." He takes a long draw from his tankard, finding it empty and looking to see if he'll have to refill it himself.

(OOC: Now that people can see, Cameron's trump is now described)
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

I believe the entire table seemed poised to watch Aibne open his gift. No pressure or anything. The servants won't refill Cameron's glass until that happens...
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

Aibne grumbles a little as he gets out on the spot, and sighs. Reluctantly, he opens the silk bag and fishes out the deck of cards. He glances through it quickly, and shrugs a little, setting it back down, only for one card to be 'stuck' to his paw. He blinks and grumbles, trying to tug it off, and fails. "Foul wizardry..." he mutters under his breath, and struggles with it, ending up at one point with the back affixed sideways to his elbow. The card is a seven of coins, and shows the bear in full armor. Seven chests are scattered around a tree, and the bear at rest, looking over them. It is a simple card, and Aibne looks almost peaceful in it, but ready to continue with whatever he needs to do. the bear grumbles, and does his best to hide it from sight.
The Raven
Missing Some Marbles

Post by The Raven »

Meanwhile... The Raven is absentmindedly flipping through the cards. "Pretty well done, I guess"