07.01l The Seventh Winter (Mercenary Matters)

The goings on of courts
The Raven
Missing Some Marbles

Re: 07.01l The Seventh Winter (Mercenary Matters)

Post by The Raven »

The Raven surveys the sorry state of Rogbar the Mighty, stifling a chuckle. "Well, perhaps you were just going about it wrong. At least you can say you gave it a good effort, I guess. Also, you should really heal* those wounds, bloodstains are pretty hard to get out of formal-wear!"

* - The Raven is insinuating that Rogbar should shapeshift away his wounds. Because everyone should shapeshift. It's useful.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Rogbar will perk up at that. "Please, I am no amateur. The suit heals itself; a requirement for any swashbuckling outfit." He will show off the sleeve, as the holes torn by the rose knit themselves back together. "There's been so many times a woman has torn them off of me, I got tired of replacing them."

He will finally notice Cameron and the fact there are new people at the table. "Oh, hello..." Slicking his headfur back, the sadness vanishes completely. "Greetings, and welcome to the Shadow Striders. I am honored to be sharing my table with new faces. Although, Cameron, I believe I have heard of you. I hope you will stay a little longer this time."
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

"Oh no you haven't, Sir!" Aibne is quick to declare, grinning ear to ear. "I know just the ticket, aye, and it comes along nicely with what I'm minding." he grins, before looking around the table. "And no, I will not let a stanza slip past until the concert!" he declares, much to the table generally pouting.
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

Cameron seems mostly bemused by Rogbar's predicament, though makes a fairly inexpert try at hiding it with a spoonfull of soup.

"Ah romance. It wounds more deeply than a sword and more readily than a ball of razors. Be thankful it is blood and not lucre you are losing. As for sticking around, we'll see how much trouble pops up to find me. I don't know that I'll have such a ready avenue to escape this time around."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Rogbar beams at such an outpouring of support. "Aibne, you are too generous. With your new station you have other, urgent matters to attend... My dating life will work itself out. Besides, if you are of the nobility now, then the Striders have much more important things to gain from your patronage."

He will nod to Cameron. "Thankfully, the only women who I attract are enthralled by my dapper charm and good looks." He will pause. "And power, they also like power. But, money? No, all my worth is in the striders, and it is unlikely a woman could tear that apart." He will glance over at Alys. "Although, the way she handled that vine, she may be more dangerous than that hydra we faced a few months ago."
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

Cameron takes a deep swallow from his flaggon for a moment before chuckling. "No situation exists that cannot be infinitely more complicated by the introduction of romance. But you know more on this than I do, I am sure. Most of my time has been spent avoiding entanglements beyond what is necessary for my next meal. And the Guild of Mechanists, but that got me in no end of trouble. So, I guess in short, my advice isn't to be trusted, yes?"
The Raven
Missing Some Marbles

Post by The Raven »

"It's not a good date unless you can disarm her first," comments the Raven, as if his advice on dating would be of use to anyone.
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

While most are still a bit stunned from Dworkin's unconventional arrival, Lyra quickly makes her way to him and, after a brief conversation, she graciously receives 3 packages. Spidersilk bags in hand, the half dark-elf takes a circuitous route back to her Table in the Corner, making her way first to the lively table of Mercenaries.

Lyra manages a graceful curtsy despite the multiple packages. "Gentlemen", she begins with a smile, her gaze taking in all at the table. "I'd say I was sorry for interrupting your conversation but it seems Dworkin has already done a fine job of that. Lyra then turns to Rogbar "I just wanted to present you with a small token of appreciation as thanks for the earlier entertainment." Lyra pulls a sheet of parchment from a pad that was mostly concealed by the spidersilk bags and holds it out to the feline. The charcoal sketch depicts him kneeling by a window, bathed in moonlight, while offering the ice rose from earlier out before him in one outstretched paw. There is no one depicted to receive his proffered rose but it is clearly a heartfelt gesture. "If you'll excuse me, I'd rather not keep my husband and Morgana waiting." With another curtsy, Lyra turns and heads off towards her table.
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

Cameron looks up as Dworkin arrives and sighs.

"I guess it was too much to ask to be able to go one night without having to face him."

His glower into his meal melts on Lyra's approach and his good humor returns as she slips off.

"Congratulations. It looks as though your charms may actually have worked. No amateur indeed."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"It is a hard choice." Rogbar says. "When courting a married woman, one must make sure one is indeed a better man than her husband. Perhaps I will learn of such things after my date with Alystrakos. And I stop bleeding. One should never date while one is bleeding. Injured? Sure. Bleeding? No."