07.01k Either Orr

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.01k Either Orr

Post by Joshua »

Nate will nod. "Thank you Lord Harrune. If there is something minor I can assist with during the festival, please let me know. I- It is possible that your assistance might make my family a target, but that is for my father to debate. I-" He will think, "If you have need of my sword, please do not hesitate to ask, even the offer is worth that."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

"Hmmm...I don't believe that I truly have any enemies in Amber, but I suppose that associating me might make you a target. Then again succeeding in business without me might make you a target any way. Life is full of risks."

" I appreciate the offer of your sword, but honestly am unlikely to take you up on that." He gestures around. "I'm surrounded by people who do that for a living...and as you pointed out your family needs you alive. Still, I will keep that in the back of my mind."

Rogbar's commotion will distract Harrune. "Again? Will he never learn? Oh well, at least he keeps us entertained."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Tabodi will lean back over. "Yeah, he really has no idea how pathetic it is to throw yourself at someone like that. I mean, you have ot entice them, make them interested. He just flounders around." The irony of her statement is lost on her.
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

"No, I think the problem isn't his approach. Some like the grand gestures and the formal courtly romance. His problem is that he only has one approach. He isn't able to adapt to the person he is currently pursuing."

"Then again, perhaps he just enjoys being a spectacle and any dalliance that comes of it is a bonus for him. That could be a clever way to avoid any long term relationships...if that is what one truly wants." Harrune clearly looks a bit dubious about that last part.

"Some day I suspect that he'll get past a mere infatuation and actually fall in love. I would give much to see the look on his face when he realizes that it's happened." Harrune grins.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Tabodi snorts, "Fall in love? That's a myth. There's attraction to position or person or body, but love? Love is built, like stone from actions, mutual interests and effort to court."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

"Myth? That is an interesting word to throw around here of all places. I have been to many places where my very existence was considered a myth at best or an outright impossibility at worst, but here I sit. Look at Ossian, Quin, Darnell, Morgana, Asai, Lyra, the Silverbars...all myths in other places. Tir'na Ng'oth, a castle that only exists at night? Myth. Rebma, a city beneath the waves? Myth. That Dworkin could draw the Patterns and create reality as we know it? Pure myth. And perhaps I should take you to visit my home shadow. I can promise that will change your concept of what is possible. Here you sit in a myth, surrounded by myths...is it so hard to believe in one more?"

"I have fallen in love. Neither of us planned it. Neither courted the other. It just happened. Yes, there has been work to sustain the relationship, but the 'fall' was no work at all. It took us both quite by surprise."

"Don't be so quick to dismiss things as impossible. You may be blinding yourself to some of the greatest wonders ever known."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Tabodi sighs and is silent. She continues to pout for a little bit before perking up at Dworkin's arrival and changing the subject. "Ouch... I wonder why he would choose to do that?"
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

"Dworkin is a being of depths and complexities that I can barely grasp the scope of. No one here truly understands him, although Quin comes the closest. I can think of several possible reasons...and no doubt they would all be wrong. Perhaps you should ask him yourself."

Harrune waves in Dworkin's direction hoping to catch his attention.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Dworkin will head over and offer laughing gifts to Harrune.
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Harrune will stand as Dworkin approaches. His body language (especially the tail) shows that he is genuinely happy to see Dworkin. "Greeting Dworkin. I was afraid you were going to miss out on the celebration. I should have known better." He accepts the package from Dworkin. "Thank you. I was not expecting anything, which makes it even more pleasant."

"So one of my companions here was speculating about the way you chose to make your entrance. I would never presume to speak to your motives. Is there anything you would care to share on the subject?"

Harrune will open the package. As soon as he recognizes the cards for what they are he will look surprised, even awed. He will start glancing through the cards while giving Dworkin time to speak.