07.01i: The Seventh Winter (Table in the Corner)

The goings on of courts
Rasanam
Lunatic

Re: 07.01i: The Seventh Winter (Table in the Corner)

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam also glances in Ossian's direction, and then confirms, "Yup, furious seems about right. I'm not sure why, really; I mean, Dworkin's granted all of us pretty near absolute authority anyway; a title of 'Ruler' just means more responsibilities, not more power."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

"Well the title may carry some weight in the lower levels of society, but at our level you have the right of it. But it's not just the power that Ossian wants, it's the prestige of the title. He has always considered himself the first among us in Tir'na Ng'oth. It wounds his ego to find that Dworkin sees it otherwise. Right now he is reacting out of injured pride. Hopefully rational thought will win out in the end. Depending on how this plays out it could drive him forward or drive him mad."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Morgana will blink. "Well, perhaps you can have an effect on the outcome? Offer him support or understanding? Or give him something of equal importance to do? Even if it's unofficial."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

"Yes, that is the only thing for it. I can only hope that he takes it in the spirit that it is meant, but jealous can blind people at times. I will do the best I can."

"Oh, and I'm sorry to be dominating the discussion with my problems. Congratulations to you as well Morgana."
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

Lyra glances at Rasanam momentarily before scanning the room, her gaze stopping on Alys. She shuffles through her card deck for a moment before looking over at Morgana and nodding her agreement.
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

"Oh! Right. You'd said that if there were actual appointments, there would be challenges - how much of a problem is that likely to be?"

(OOC: Rasanam is referencing something Morgana said much nearer the start of the meal.)
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Morgana will shrug. "More for Lyra than myself. And possibly for being a war-leader. The goblins aren't happy we're being civil with the humans, and the dwarves don't like being civil with the goblins. Grind may object, but we have had an agreement before..."
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

"There's that much...discontent? Well I managed to prevent a few skirmishes back home. I'll talk to the leaders of each group. I'm sure we can work something satisfactory out for everyone. A challenge would just be wasting time. I'm up for it if necessary but would rather just address the reasons causing dissatisfaction. I'd like to eventually bring some Wererats and others here. No one had better have a problem with that or I'll have to have words with them."

Lyra's glance follows Dworkin as he crosses over to where Oberon and the merchant Galadrian Hart are still conversing at their table. "Excuse me for a moment. I want to catch Dworkin before he disappears. I'll be back in a moment." And with that, Lyra stands and makes her way across the room.
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Harrune ponders for a few minutes. "I think the major cause of the 'discontent' is the diversity of people we have. We are too new for anyone to truly think of themselves as "children of Amber". Instead they are dwarves, orcs, goblins, ogres, trolls, etc. Even in those groups there can be a lot diversity. In Tir'na we have we don't just have Elves, we have High Elves, Dark Elves, Grey Elves, Wood Elves, Star Elves...and the list goes on. Each comes with their own way of thinking, and their own perspectives. Is it any wonder we have conflicts?"

"Perhaps that is the reason our two courts were chosen to have Rulers: our two Courts have the most diversity. Perhaps our job is to help close those distances and create a sense of community." Harrune chuckles. "Or perhaps the other two just don't have anyone who meets Dworkin's criteria, whatever they may be, yet. I do wonder what his criteria are, but somehow I don't think actually asking would give me an enlightening answer, Dworkin being who he is."

"There is definitely a lot to think about, and a lot to do."
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

"The most diversity?" Rasanam muses. "Certainly the most diversity I've seen, but then, I haven't taken the time to explore Rebma as a water-breather..."
Last edited by Rasanam on Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.