07.01i: The Seventh Winter (Table in the Corner)

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.01i: The Seventh Winter (Table in the Corner)

Post by Joshua »

Morgana will lean over and look at what Lyra is doing. "You better not let him see that. He can't handle his flattery." Mograna will blush before confessing. "We only had one date."

"As for the guards, we can look into that... uh... maybe tonight or tomorrow."
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

"Tomorrow should be fine unless others wish to discuss it sooner." Lyra puts the finishing touches on her drawing of Rogbar, comparing it to the beleaguered feline, before resuming her dinner. "Can't handle flattery? Well I did drawings of Harrune and Asai as well so he can make of that what he wants." Lyra watches him slink over, defeated, to take a seat at the lively table of Mercenaries.
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam looks up from his sketching, and notices that there's an entirely different course in front of him than there had been the last time he'd been paying attention. He puts the sketchbook away (for the moment), and spends a bit of time actually eating dinner.
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

After a bit, he pulls the sketchbook out again, and flips back to the page with the very armored form. "Huh. I guess you're right," he says to Morgana. "Now what do I do with this?"
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Lyra looks over at Rasanam's armored creation but before she has a chance to comment, all eyes in the room are drawn by the arrival of Dworkin. Her initial surprise at his unorthodox arrival leaves her speechless until his mention of gifts. Lyra scoots back her chair and stands quickly, answering his question with an enthusiastic, "We do!"

Turning to Rasanam and Morgana, Lyra advises "Wait here. I'll go get all of ours and bring them back." Quickly snatching up her sketches, Lyra makes her way over to the red suited, soot covered dwarf. "First our wedding rings and now this? You're too kind good sir. If it's alright with you I'd like to collect the gifts for the others at my table as well."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Dworkin will nod and give wrapped packages for Morgana, Rasanam and Lyra to the dark elf.
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Lyra returns from collecting Dworkin's gifts and presenting her sketch to Rogbar. Stepping up to Morgana, she presents a spidersilk bag to the Ogre before sitting back down next to her husband and handing him his. "Are these what I think they are?" she asks no one in particular as she begins to open her bag.
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam opens his bag, and confirms, "Trump decks," as he flips through his. "Hey! And he included a card for home!" The card Rasanam is holding out is labeled, depending on which you read, as either "The Hanged Man", or, "World of Wonders", and shows a dock in a large circular harbor. Markings on the dock's planks seem to indicate that it's a place designed to accommodate arrival via teleportation. (As per all of the "Hanged Man" cards, the image is upside-down.)
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Lyra carefully opens her bag and removes her set of cards, taking great care as she shuffles through them. The detailed artwork is her main focus though the elf clearly notes the political significance of some, even if she can only guess at the ramifications. She pauses on her husband's card, smiling at the way the image seems to capture so much of what makes him who he is.

"Mine are a little different", she remarks, leaning in closer to Rasanam to show him. She holds up her version of the Hangman Card. As with Rasanam's, the card is also labeled as the "World of Wonders" along one side but the image is completely different. This card depicts Lyra's spiritual and physical home for most of her life, the great tower at the Temple of Eilistraee. Here, the Twilight Tower is the literal transition between night and day. Above the tower is a crescent moon within a circle. A curled up dragon forms the smaller circle that creates the crescent. To the left, the starry night sky fades from black to light purple while a Dragon takes flight in the brightening sky. The sky to the right has a warm yellow tint as if it is early morning and Akra's famous floating island can be seen in the distance.

"And look at this", Lyra remarks, quickly producing her own card and holding it up.
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

"Oh, wow," Rasanam says, and shuffles Lyra's card out of his own deck - then flips it so the reflected dragon is right-side-up.
"Very nice. ...I still don't understand how you do that without detectable magic," he adds, holding the card up to compare the image of the dragon side by side with the living Lyra, "But I'm certainly not complaining; it makes for a fascinating puzzle and you're beautiful in either form."