07.01d The Seventh Winter (Fireside Negotiations)

The goings on of courts
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Re: 07.01d The Seventh Winter (Fireside Negotiations)

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

Lyra nods. "I'll have to stop by some time soon and perhaps we can take a look together. At the very least I can tell you about how magic works where I'm from and we can look for writings on similar magical structures. If you don't mind though, I think I'll go catch up with my husband. It's been a pleasure meeting you." Lyra smiles and curtseys to her again before taking her leave.

The half-drow makes her way over to the refreshment table, pausing briefly to acknowledge those gathered there with another polite curtsy before gathering some interesting looking hors d'oeuvres from a silver tray. Taking a delicately engraved glass filled with a slightly fizzy beverage with her free hand, the scent an inviting blend of fruits, Lyra turns to head to the Table in one Corner.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Quin, court jester, will arrange to be near Asai as the conversation winds down. How he managed to get into the room without making a scene in his blue and green jesters outfit is a matter for the ages. Regardless, he was simply beneath most notice until he arrives. "Asai, hope your evening is going well. I overheard your search for someone known as Chaos. I believe I might have a book on loan that might be relevant. I will check my quarters later, if you desire." He will smile, a dumpy and friendly grin. "Did Lyra mention the species of Chaos? That would help me know if I got the right book... for later anyway."
Veyska
Lunatic

Post by Veyska »

Asai smiles at Quin even as she shakes her head in amused exasperation. "You've certainly been lurking long enough to know it's not my search, at least not at the moment. I will take you up on that offer though, if nothing else this 'Chaos' of hers might be worth knowing about just on the off chance she isn't simply just failing to adjust for the new scope of her world."

((I didn't write this post up last night and forgot to actually post, I swear! Eep...))
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Forgive me. I suppose I could simply talk to Lyra and not worry about the book. Still, you're the librarian, I can get you the book as you wish." Quin will shrug. "Still, it could be a little like searching for the unicorn. Easy to find a unicorn, hard to find the unicorn." He will bow out at that.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

(Ossian wants to say hi... either here or in Fae-Touched... unless you want to get roped into eating with him.)
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Ossian will walk over and smile at Asai. "Greeting, I hope you are not too busy, what with Quin and all." He will offer his hand. "If you have a few minutes before dinner. Unfortunately, I wanted to repeat a rumor I heard, and I wanted to make sure that we talked."
Veyska
Lunatic

Post by Veyska »

A moment after Ossian greets her, Asai's gaze refocuses from whatever distant (nonexistent?) point she had been focusing on since Quin's departure and she turns her attention towards the fae. She accepts the shaking-of-hands, and cocks her head as she listens to what he has to say. "Certainly, I would hear this rumor. Mayhaps it will hold some grain of truth, and if not I've found it useful to understand the characteristics of the rumor and therein find something worth knowing."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Well, talk of official rulers has come up again. This happened last year, if you recall, but I also heard that Dworkin was planning something with trump. Darnell seems sworn to secrecy however." Ossian shrugs. "As I said, I hesitate to repeat it without proper substance, but you hear things that others might miss."

Ossian will add, "I was under the impression you had no desire for leadership. I am curious as to how you might respond if one of us were named ruler of Tir-na Nog'th."
Veyska
Lunatic

Post by Veyska »

"There are few forms of leadership in which I am interested and none of them are to be found in politics or the Courts. Fortunately neither are they to be found in opposition most times, and I intend to do what I can to keep things that way. My passion is for knowledge above all, but knowledge requires books and their ilk to exist in a corporeal form and corporeality requires reality. Thus my loyalties are to Amber, to my court, and then to my learning, in that order by necessity." Nothing in her stance or expression changes, but somehow her gaze becomes more intent as she continues speaking. "Perhaps in time my opinions will change, for though it was some while by my reckoning I lived in my home shadow it has been but a single year in Amber, but it seems to me you ask of loyalty to a leader rather than to the leadership itself, and I hold that it is the latter which is more important."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"I understand." he will nod. "I hope that whoever is in leadership is willing to listen to your needs." He will smile. "Any idea what might happen if you were put in power?"