07.05e: Waiting Room

The goings on of courts
Veyska
Lunatic

Re: 07.05e: Waiting Room

Post by Veyska »

"Anything and everything I could safely cart up out of sight, which sadly ruled out the most interesting tomes since most of those weighed more than I did let alone what I could carry while climbing. Most of what I read was history texts and essays on local magic. There were a fair number of philosophy texts as well, though most of those left me more confused about humans than before I started especially early on. The university was primarily focused on magical studies, but there were enough warrior-mages and other various mage-variants that I could also investigate more 'mundane' areas of knowledge like engineering and anatomy and warfare. I suspect my home shadow leaned more on magic than science, compared to many, so I've spent a fair amount of my time here in the library reading about science and technology from other worlds..."
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

"For a dog I know large amounts about technology. The only magic in my world was rumor, superstition, and unproven. We had stage magicians that used sleight of hand and visual tricks to mimic magic but that's it." The docks begin to come into view. "I love the smell of the ocean." Taking a deep breath. "The sound of the waves crashing is soothing as well. Say, Asai? Do you ever get the feeling that us, the humans, people in general aren't really what it's all about? That the real universe, what really matters is none of these things, and the true beauty and truth of the universe is simply, that?" Motioning to the ocean with the soft sounds of the waves crashing, the moon leaving a beautiful reflection glistening off it's surface, and a few seagulls picking through the sand looking for a meal. "It's all so simple peaceful and beautiful. We're so complicated chaotic, even the best of us destructive and noisy with the same simple beauty so rare amongst us. I see this and wonder, what is it all for? We talk of pattern an image of some sort, it to is not a person but a thing. Where do we really fit?"
Sadie - "You have the right to remain silent.
Anything you say or do can and will be held against you in a court of law..."
Veyska
Lunatic

Post by Veyska »

"Before Dworkin brought me here, I would have stated with some certainty that we were not 'what it's all about'. My kin lived far simpler lives and somewhere out there in that world even more distant kin did the same without the surrounding trappings of civilization I grew up with. I could only read books and scrolls at night, when there was no one around to notice, but that did not make the days of sunbathing or chasing my kin in the trees and halls any less enjoyable or satisfying. Now, though..." Asai sits on her haunches, coiling her long tail around her feet, making a surprisingly small and compact bundle that radiates a surprising sense of vulnerability for the normally expressive and cheerful lemur-cat. "Now I can't help but wonder if we truly are what reality is built upon and for, and that troubles me. Any one shadow alone holds more wonder and knowledge than I can ever hope to experience and understand yet they are supposedly mere echoes and figments of reality, like wisps of dreams remembered in the morning. I can only hope that if beneath the shadows lies reality, that beneath the reality lies some worthwhile reason for everything, even if that reason results in our 'reality' being a shadow of another world's dreams..."
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

"We are something, we are not the all of what Dworkin makes us out to be. If we were I could not be as harmed as I have been, nor could we die. Reality, true reality is even stronger than us and what we represent. That which is shadow can destroy us. Last I checked." Doing a mock shadowboxing. "My shadow can do no such thing." She look to the path to Rebma. "Interesting the road continues into the water... I suppose we follow it... down. Good I wanted a swim. She starts speaking again as she begins to strip off her new pirate outfit. "Look at my shadow, it is stronger in places and weaker in others. There is a strong outline that weakens to a weaker outline. There are also multiple shadows as the various lights shine upon me. As the firelight flickers the shadows distort, some come together creating a very distorted image. I could be a lovely goddess or a distorted monster depending on how the light falls. We all come from different shadows, chosen by the light to create reflections. I seem to have lost where I was going, but... Reality true reality I think, is whoever or whatever is casting the light to create the shadows. We're just the models. And for now I desire to model a water nymph. In I go!" She dives in and bobs to the surface. "See if you can keep up, if not, meet you there!" with that she takes a breath and dives under the surface.

Thread continues here: The Drowned City
Sadie - "You have the right to remain silent.
Anything you say or do can and will be held against you in a court of law..."