07.05e: Waiting Room

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.05e: Waiting Room

Post by Joshua »

Darnell thinks, "I accept that challenge." before bowing out of the room.

A short time later, a servant arrives stating, "Dworkin will see you now, if you'll come this way."

The servant will lead you up the grand staircase to the second floor, to the room where the dinner was held the night before. There are four fireplaces going and keeping the large chamber warm in the winter cold. The well polished marble floor is clear as sunlight streams in from the open balcony. In front of the balcony is a small raised stage/platform on which rests three thrones, with the center one a good foot larger than the others.

Dworkin, however, steps out from behind the largest throne, and nods to Sadie. "I was not expecting to find new blood this week. But I suppose others can force my hand. I am Dworkin?" The rising tone of his last sentence seems almost unmistakable. He offers a smile and walks slowly over to you.
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

"I am Sadie, Floofypuddle, Mana, or many other names depending on where in history you find me. For now and potentially evermore I remain Sadie. I am here, it is where I'm meant to be, but how and why not quite yet clear. So tell me Dworkin, I know why I was caught on my hands and knees sniffing a plant, but why were you?" Extending her hand in greeting.
Sadie - "You have the right to remain silent.
Anything you say or do can and will be held against you in a court of law..."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"My dear, while I am flattered, I apologize that I am well beyond the age where such a suggestion is able to be acted upon." He does however step deftly inside your defenses to offer a back-patting hug. Moving faster than he has any right to, although not giving any actual impression of speed. To be honest, only your extensive warfare allows you to notice anything amiss at all.

He pulls away to hold your shoulders and examine your features. "You are a new one. I expected the potential to run within those already sentient. Perhaps though, there is more." He nods and draws back. "Definitely one of us. There is no doubt. A counterpart, though unique."
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

"You... you smell like a novel...." Clearly fighting the instinct/desire to sniff him over extensively. "And I know I'm one of you, or so I would expect since here is where I'm meant to be."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Codex Urbinas." He shrugs and nods. "It will take a little time to get things setup. I will have to see if I can speed up the actual identification. But, yes."

Dworkin will take a moment to examine your hands. "Swimmer?" he asks like it makes sense.
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

"You don't know much about dogs do you? I'm a Newfie!"* She says with pride standing up straight and pointing a thumb to her chest. "Or Newfoundland if you prefer the proper name. We're some of the best swimmers out there. I'm an expert at water rescue myself, having served in that capacity on numerous occasions. You might be surprised to know that unlike other dogs we've learned how to do a modified breast stroke causing our breed to potentially be the best swimmers out there amongst all dog breed. Or at the very least be the strongest swimmers with the most aquatic endurance. There's nothing quite like a good swim. I feel about as home in the water as I do on land. As for your identification or what not, a Unicorn or something assured me, this is where I'm meant to be. Not sure if that helps speed things along or not. Unicorns are very pretty you know, almost like an angel, or what one might imagine such an encounter to feel like." A peaceful smile coming over her face as she relives the memory.

*And yes it is completely lost on her that in her human form her breed is not really clear.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Dworkin nods, "Perhaps Rebma then. I would present yourself to them tonight. The underwater city is quite a sight." He smiles and nods. "I suppose your breed explains the webbed feet."

He will start to walk out onto the balcony. "That's it then, I'm sure someone can explain the festival to you. I'm sure Quin will be by shortly if not. The servants will see to your needs."
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

"Um... That's it? Hello, you're one of us, go enjoy the festival, visit a place called Rebma? I've heard strange things, Oberon at one point called us gods, I didn't question it then as I was dealing with other heavy emotions, but such a concept is ludicrous. What is our purpose here, WHO are you exactly? Who are you to me, a king? An "overgod?" A crazy old and likely powerful man thing?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Dworkin hesitates. "You can withstand the touch of pattern. That is all there is to it. It is not a character test, not a test of skill. There will be a test of endurance later, but that's fairly simple, although no less deadly." He smiles, "You have the ability within, although I do wish to check a simple fact. There may be a second requirement for those of our talents to survive."

"As for the pattern itself. It is reality. And you are chosen to wield it. You'll see one of them soon enough. It shouldn't kill you."
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

Eyes narrow, "You are a shrewd one Mr. Dworken, and have chosen your words very carefully. You are hard to read. I will do as you wish for now. But now I have a better feel of the truth of it. We are something, and whether we call ourselves gods or not really doesn't matter where that is concerned these are words we use to define ourselves and how we choose to project to those not like ourselves. Such words and claims are dangerous however and one must be careful lest we become like a child with a magnifying glass torturing ants on his porch who one day finds himself in the jungles of South America and gains a new respect for those he once held power over when he finds that his power is nothing in comparison to the infinity of lesser creatures that come before him and overwhelm him with agony and death." With that she bows, turns sharply and leaves but before she exits. "I'm fearful this power may be more a curse than a blessing." And she leaves.