07.02b Sufficiently Advanced (More than one type of Orc)

The goings on of courts
misfit
Raving Mad

Re: 07.02b Sufficiently Advanced (More than one type of Orc)

Post by misfit »

Nuall looks over the red orc. "Well, so much for breaking my neck. I have to say that you are disappointing adversaries. Ah well, let's start with some simple questions: First, who the hell are you? Second, what are you lot doing here? Third, what did Mana do that caused you to be so wary of her and anyone with her? Fourth, where did she and her companions go? Answer those, and we'll see what happens from there."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"okay!, Okay..." He sighs. "I'm the sheriff, Lord Mosh.. the dragon.. put me in charge fo the town. To keep the humans in line. Mana slaughtered our elite tax collectors. You just beat up my thugs, but she tore them apart. Black orcs... she did it to black orcs..." He composes himself slowly.. "They went to talk to Mosh, with a giant set of weapons..."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

"I see. So the next question is what happens when this Lord Mosh dies? Who is in the wings ready to take his place? And what is this individual likely to do?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

The red orc shakes his head, "You don't kill dragons..." Which is about as much of an answer as you'll get without beating the concept into him.
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Nuall releases the orc and steps back, but stays between the orc and the door.

"Now now, let's not be obtuse. Of course I don't kill dragons...that's why I'm still here. Mana on the other hand was quite eager to slay one. Oberon was more than happy to bring her to a place where she could do just that, and I trust his knowledge as a guide to bring her to a place where that would be possible...challenging perhaps, but possible. And you did say that she left with giant weapons. And her two companions are formidable in their own rights. Trust me, the smart money is betting that this Lord Mosh of yours will not live to see the sunset tonight."

Nuall does a quick draw of his sword and swings the point up to a quarter of an inch from the orcs eye.

"Now, I believe I was asking who would take over if that comes to pass. I would very much like to meet this individual and discuss the new order of things. You can take me to meet this person now, or I can remove your eyes...and hands...and feet. Then no doubt one of this rabble on the floor will be willing to co-operate. I will get what I want here, the question is how much you need to suffer before that happens. Choose now."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Probably one of the other black orcs!" He objects, "There's another group of them in the area. Or someone else! Why wouldn't Mana do it?"
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

"Well, I can't honestly say what Mana will do next. She might wish to appoint herself as Queen, she just might want to run off to find some new form of fun, or she may decide to do something that has not even occurred to me yet."

"She may take over, but if not it sounds like there is no one strong enough to take this Lord Mosh's place. I would say that means your time as sheriff here is done. Take this rabble of yours and get out."

Nuall turns his back on the orcs and starts looking for the innkeeper. "Breakfast, I need to find some breakfast..."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

The red orc watches the innkeeper serve breakfast. Then he mumbles. "Where should we go?" He says uncertainly.
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

"Where should you go? Where did you come from? Perhaps you should go back there. Or perhaps the people here would be willing to hire to keep them safe for a change. Or you could no doubt find an army looking for recruits. As a last resort, maybe these good people would be willing to teach you to farm so that you can do some honest work for a change. Pick one of those and pursue it."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

There's a sound as the two surviving black orcs draw blades and enter the room. "Farm?" One of them asks before the two of them charge Nuall. Seems they believe in death in battle only.

The red orc gets the heck out of the way. Seems he finds a pointless death pointless.