07.05b: Breakfast on the Waterfront

The goings on of courts
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

Re: 07.05b: Breakfast on the Waterfront

Post by colomon »

"The ability to gain years of learning in a week seems godlike. But if from your perspective it still takes years, not so much," Renny mutters, but her heart is clearly not in the argument. There's a distant look in her eyes, and she's clearly thinking hard about something only tangentially related.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Are you okay?" Osmund offers...
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

Post by colomon »

"Just thinking," Renny says. "Last night Nathaniel had two complaints. I focused on his notion that his family needed better trade, because trade is good, and I understood what would be needed to do it. Going out into Shadow to find help for the city's police didn't occur to me until just now."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"You could find something to help them. Hounds, or special officers. Probably want to keep the magic level low. Lots of that doesn't work here." Osmund offers. "We could get something for tonight."
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

Post by colomon »

"I was thinking officers who were good with their swords and believed in doing the right thing, with a handful of sorcery experts thrown in." Then the rest of what Osmund said catches up with her. "Tonight?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Well, walking that far would take a few days, but those cards you got are a shortcut, right?"
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

Post by colomon »

"A shortcut home, I guess, if I can figure out how to use them. As far as I know they won't help finding useful people, though."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Yes, but once you get home, you can walk through shadow a lot easier, correct?" Osmund looks at you. "And weapons or security isn't that hard to find. although, it would be better if we had more time."
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

Post by colomon »

Renny blinks and pulls out the cards. "I meant home as in here. Is there really..." She thumbs through the deck looking for Heart's Delight.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

There is a trump for your original shadow. It's listed as a "Hanged man" and is upside down on the card. The cards, if you recall, have a little give but are indestructible, and are cool to the touch, like perfectly smooth marble. The color is actually inside the card surface.